• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has everyone forgotten how long it would take to collect 200 million dollars by number reservations? never going to happen.
That is not how they are raising the $200,000,000. But if they were, given current trend analysis, 25% of the total number of reservations would be at the $1,000 point... even if 100% we're at $1,000, it would take 200,000 reservations. But, in lieu of just guessing....

25% at $1,000 = 138,875
5% at $ 500 = 27,775
10% at $ 250 = 55,550
60% at $ 100 = 33,330,000 (that is what I call a metric crap ton)

So, 33,552,200 reservations at the current distribution of reservations.

Yeah, I do math... it's another hobby. Lucky for most of us reservationists, we never thought Elio would be counting on reservations to get the money.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the "81mpg" is a 'computer estimate, of the future IAV engine with the aerodynamic improvements to the body. In the past Elio Motors has posted;

Thanks for clearing that up. Yes, upgrading combustion chamber design, (head and piston top) can make a big difference.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So its safe to say that most people here are hoping for a "hail marry investor"? I mean without a big investor there will be no car. Why haven't they been able to get a big investor in the last 5 years.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Horn let us know when your business starts building vehicles.

Will do. I ask a lot of questions because I work close to higher ups in a billion dollar firm. The questions I ask aren't crap compared to one of those guys would ask. When they ask me questions, I have to expect the next question and have proof/evidence to support my claims.

If Elio gets some hard evidence/proof out there, it would do wonders.

whattheelf

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
So its safe to say that most people here are hoping for a "hail marry investor"? I mean without a big investor there will be no car. Why haven't they been able to get a big investor in the last 5 years.

Time ticking away is a business killer, they are now at 6 years, and won't be 7 until they claim to ship one of the first production units.

Most people here do not have no clue about business and how it operates in the real world, and how merciless it is. At this point they would need 5X+ the amount of deposits to attract enough private equity to launch.

They will play this game well into late next year, and then smoke and mirror their way ahead hoping for mass sales, until they reach maximum desperation and then cut a deal to sell the IP to a suitor, who will shelf it, as merely an annoyance factor to cars they want to sell, this isn't one of them.

Top Bottom