• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So as not to disappoint you.
maturity.jpg

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, that's the end of round 3, looks like the bout is about even..other than a few low blows...ok here comes the ring girl holding up the sign for round 4...wow!

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The bottom line is it is obvious Paul is an engineer, and from what I have seen on other FEV, SEV's, He is average at best..
Give me an SCORPION* with auto air, t/glass, & cruise, good performance, 0-60 in 7 or 8 seconds.. seconds, at least 70 mpg from a Suzuki alto drive train that is already made..just buy'em and stick em in.
Build them one at a time, sell then for $10 grand over cost, build another one, advertise on facebook, do a bill board campaign in several cities ," a scorpion is coming" pop one a week out, after 10 go out, increase the size of the operation and build two or 3 a week, then 4..then one a day, and look out world,!
the kids will hang the scorpion poster from their bedroom walls, next to kate Uptons. ( wish she would make a computer mouse)
The word of mouth and the facebook, and the VIDEO, did you even looked at the ALE' videos?
Try to keep the price around $25,000 to $30,000 and sell the everybody not commuter..
The investors will be knocking on the door. A factory will magically appear out of no where!

*ALE'.

Keith Stone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will do. I ask a lot of questions because I work close to higher ups in a billion dollar firm. The questions I ask aren't crap compared to one of those guys would ask. When they ask me questions, I have to expect the next question and have proof/evidence to support my claims.

If Elio gets some hard evidence/proof out there, it would do wonders.
So all these "higher ups in your billion dollar firm" see you drive your geo to work and think what a bad ass you are for owning a geo?

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is kind of a reverse psychology dustoff, maybe the elio has been advertised way to low.. For example: "what kind of quality is there at a vehicle priced at $6800?. We know it really isn't $6800, closer to $10 grand with a auto...but people do think quality and durability. We, elio owners are the most guilty of that..we scream $6800 to others and as they begin to understand, $10,000 for a two seater, with a small trunk, brand new un-tested engine and that AMT tranny, may turn them off.
Now my Scorpion, with that look, that canopy, that handling, a proven drive train with million of miles on it..and all that for the same monthly payment of a chevy cruise, or a dodge dart...or corolla...sexy and frugal, hey, it's worth a look, probably save that much in gas. The elio is the only game in town for now.. so we go for it..until....

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well pj, The basic vehicle is all that I'm going to purchase. I have way too many cool factor toys to be impressed by any cool factor the Elio may offer.

When I haul my dogs around I have to use my pickup, the elio will allow me to take them in heated, air-conditioned comfort.

Oh, for the last 3.5 years I have been training service dogs for Disabled Veterans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom