• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Elio Engine

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Engine what we really want to know.
Is it still running?
What issue may have come up in testing?
How hard did they test it?
No BS what do they think of it at this point?
Will they paint the block the Cream color ?
When will they build one to stuff on the prototype ?

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Engine what we really want to know.
Is it still running?
What issue may have come up in testing?
How hard did they test it?
No BS what do they think of it at this point?
Will they paint the block the Cream color ?
When will they build one to stuff on the prototype ?
You're wasting your breath, man. You'll just have to settle for news of their next venue to showcase the ELIO until funding is found soon! A lot on here are RESIGNED to the idea that "it will be available when EM is good and ready", or "how hard it is to start a car company from scratch", or EM's decision to build their own engine is the ONLY WAY to go, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm also here for the LONG, LONG HAUL, not what I would have envisioned but they've already got my deposit so I have no choice but to stick around:D. Bottom line is, no body works PRO BONO for EM so without the infusion of the millions they need to build the prototypes and engines for crash testing and finally enter production.....showcasing the only P4 around the country is the only thing they can do right now. PE said it's possible to reach as high as 250,000 reservations before production starts....BEFORE PRODUCTION STARTS!!??!! PE is practically and literally saying, hinting or implying "however long it takes" I'll get it done somehow! And for that, I commend him for his dedication and resolve to his project/dream! Hopefully Network1 Financial Securities Inc. find the right investor/s soon so we can enjoy our ELIO instead of our grandkids!;)

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You're wasting your breath, man. You'll just have to settle for news of their next venue to showcase the ELIO until funding is found soon! A lot on here are RESIGNED to the idea that "it will be available when EM is good and ready", or "how hard it is to start a car company from scratch", or EM's decision to build their own engine is the ONLY WAY to go, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm also here for the LONG, LONG HAUL, not what I would have envisioned but they've already got my deposit so I have no choice but to stick around:D. Bottom line is, no body works PRO BONO for EM so without the infusion of the millions they need to build the prototypes and engines for crash testing and finally enter production.....showcasing the only P4 around the country is the only thing they can do right now. PE said it's possible to reach as high as 250,000 reservations before production starts....BEFORE PRODUCTION STARTS!!??!! PE is practically and literally saying, hinting or implying "however long it takes" I'll get it done somehow! And for that, I commend him for his dedication and resolve to his project/dream! Hopefully Network1 Financial Securities Inc. find the right investor/s soon so we can enjoy our ELIO instead of our grandkids!;)

I was not expecting ELIO to respond. Just dreaming a bit. I away sending a message that will never be heard. ELIO has 40,000 plus marketing people in line now that could do a lot spreading the word if they would just join in with us. But the ignore us for the most part. Send out an Email of chatter now and then.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to me or anyone in this family .
Well maybe not a car- how about these top ten imports-
Like David Letterman, I give you a top 10 list: The top 10 imports from China.

The source of this list is the U.S.-China Bunsiness Council, counting what China exported to the U.S. in 2011.

With no more delay, here they are...

#10 - Vehicles, excluding rail[Broken External Image]

#9 - Iron, steel[Broken External Image]

#8 - Plastics & articles thereof[Broken External Image]

#7 - Apparel, not knitted or crocheted[Broken External Image]

#6 - Apparel, knitted or crocheted[Broken External Image]

#5 - Footwear & parts thereof[Broken External Image]

#4 - Furniture[Broken External Image]

#3 - Toys, games, and sports equipment[Broken External Image]

#2 - Power generation equipment[Broken External Image]

#1 - Electrical machinery and equipment[Broken External Image]

Never think you have to import from the top ten list. It's almost always better to import a product you're knowledgeable about and preferably passionate abo

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well even the coffee pot in my home is American made, We have a Bunn best in the world made in The USA. We make an effort to keep every import we can out of our home. It takes work but and can not always be avoided but worth the effort. To heck with Honda.

bikeroom26.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in post 24 in this thread, WilliamH provided a link that included a Q&A with Paul in which he was directly asked about his decision to build his own motor .... agree or disagree with his line of thinking, he has provided a rational for his decision .... now that the engine exist, time will tell if it will live up to its expectations .... not having all of the engineering data that he has at his disposal and probably not being able to understand it if I did, I'm comfortable with his decision

"Q5
. Why go to the trouble of building your own engine? Why not make a deal with Honda or Suzuki or Polaris to get some Kei car or CARB-approved ATV engines?

The main technical reason for not using an off-the-shelf engine is that the Elio vehicle is much lighter than a standard vehicle. Meaning, the off-the-shelf OEM engine was designed to optimally operate at a different speed and load point than if it were placed into a lighter vehicle. Also, when a large carmaker designs a new engine, it is targeting multiple platforms. That often makes the engine good for all, but best for none. By having IAV design a power plant specifically for our vehicle, we can achieve our goal of 84 mpg. This is going to be a very slick engine."

Top Bottom