• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The H. O. Engine We Need For The Elio And Its A Ford...

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was a formula V race fan watching souped up VWs at Leguna Seca race track in 1962. No reason to believe some group won't ultimately do that with an Elio. It would be an inexpensive (relatively) way of getting onto racing. Let's face it, they even race lawnmowers, why not an Elio?

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whaaaaaaa??? I don't see where you're going here as it doesn't even fit into the conversation. EM says the engine will be capable of a max 60HP although it will be detuned to 55HP or less. Given there will be few if any aftermarket Hi Pro parts for this engine anyone who mods it to produce 75HP will have something highly unstable.

DOH! I thought you said 75 Miles Per Hour when you actually said 75 Horse Power. Yes, I agree, adding a bunch of HP above the engine's design spec will indeed shorten its life.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No body not even the big dogs back a vehicle that's been modified OUTSIDE of the manufactures control. You could go get Harley Davidson Hi Pro parts installed by a HD tech and they'd back it. They wouldn't stand for anyone else's parts though.

It may or may not mean anything, but several years ago, there was a push by auto makers to claim that ANY aftermarket products used on their vehicles would/could void warranty. IE: oil filter, air filter... This was an attempt to basically shut out any aftermarket companies. The "Magnason-Moss Warranty act" (sp) was passed which states:..." Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[7] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions,[8]"...
This basically says that manufacturers cannot make a blind claim that an aftermarket part CAUSED the component failure...they have to prove it. my 2 cents

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It may or may not mean anything, but several years ago, there was a push by auto makers to claim that ANY aftermarket products used on their vehicles would/could void warranty. IE: oil filter, air filter... This was an attempt to basically shut out any aftermarket companies. The "Magnason-Moss Warranty act" (sp) was passed which states:..." Warrantors cannot require that only branded parts be used with the product in order to retain the warranty.[7] This is commonly referred to as the "tie-in sales" provisions,[8]"...
This basically says that manufacturers cannot make a blind claim that an aftermarket part CAUSED the component failure...they have to prove it. my 2 cents
Yet you can use any maintenance items you want. The lines are drawn when you get to headers, cams, fuel injectors outside OEM specs, or anything that changes the computer. (just to name a few)

Top Bottom