• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Options, They Are On Their Way

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I've decided to order my E base model. But I want a set of the open fenders as well. What are the chances I can get them without buying the wheels and tires in the open fender "package"? (yeah, I went there...):rolleyes:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It may be a mistake for EM to ask people to choose color and wraps based on the computer simulation. Have you noticed the colors do not look anything like the real thing? Especially the green. They probably should leave this to high quality photographs in the store and on the website produced by high quality cameras looking at the real vehicle. Showing all options this way would be a lot of work but would be the most accurate visually.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It may be a mistake for EM to ask people to choose color and wraps based on the computer simulation. Have you noticed the colors do not look anything like the real thing? Especially the green. They probably should leave this to high quality photographs in the store and on the website produced by high quality cameras looking at the real vehicle. Showing all options this way would be a lot of work but would be the most accurate visually.
They will probably have sample boards of the wraps; the samples would be pieces of the material.
And how long to wrap the E? At least 10 hours with someone that has done a few of them; it also depends on the material the wraps are made out of; that varies so much, even the color can change the character of how it "handles" when you start doing the heating and stretching. Pre cut doesn't really mean all that much. Pre cut sections means you're going to get just enough material to cover a part of the car; it's not like color-form dolls that the precut sections just fit exactly. You're putting a flat sheet of vinyl / plastic on a curved surface.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with Tex, open fenders but not the tires. Isn't it supposed to be built our way? We should be able to get the fenders, wheels and tires we want, not a package!;)

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why didn't lucas make televisions? Couldn't get them to leak oil.
lucas-smoke_zps561a0fb6.jpg

Top Bottom