• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Real P5 ?

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My main focus would be the largest members, the pivot points for the upper and lower control arms. These can be very tight holes in any skirt. The tierod along with the drive axle, will be the most difficult to seal.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since there is now a gap between the hood and windshield to get the wiper out of the wind there's the possibility to get the hood latches out of sight too. By mounting the original type latches to a U shaped bracket installed underneath the trailing edge of the hood you can have the pin go through the bracket instead of the entire hood. One on each side and the latches are out of sight and out of the airstream at little additional cost. Win-win!
Interesting idea.
Send it in.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Help me out here guys. What are the 7 connections going out to the wheel that need 7 holes? I count only 6.

Two for the upper a-arm.
Two for the lower a-arm.
One for the axle.
One for the steering tierod.

What am I missing?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Help me out here guys. What are the 7 connections going out to the wheel that need 7 holes? I count only 6.

Two for the upper a-arm.
Two for the lower a-arm.
One for the axle.
One for the steering tierod.

What am I missing?

I think the link from the top A arm to the bottom of the shock
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm7OrH1N4bAaqmkHMRGsG4HeNu-FGoT639TSw3gA0AYixKHqQQ.jpg

But there may be more of the suspension exposed than the P5 picture shows.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the link from the top A arm to the bottom of the shock
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSm7OrH1N4bAaqmkHMRGsG4HeNu-FGoT639TSw3gA0AYixKHqQQ.jpg

But there may be more of the suspension exposed than the "blue" picture shows.
Yes! The pull rod! Thanks.

That panel would have to be very bulging to cover everything. To go around all the 7 holes, a patchwork of pieces would probably be needed, mounted on some type of frame structure to hold all the pieces in place. This would be expensive, difficult, and possibly prone to problems driving up warranty cost. The cover shown on the P5 CAD drawing seems unrealistic and makes no sense. I am beginning to wonder if this was a concept drawing at one time and someone mistook it for the real thing and sent it out. Or, is this part of an obsession to achieve 84 MPG on an already fantastic vehicle? I am baffled.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Was probably easier to render with a "cover" over the suspension bits instead of trying to show all those details ;)
That is possible. It also maybe a decision in flux, or just an option. Until they say, we'll not know.
If they don't provide one, that may be one of my test mods, most likely a silicone unit. At that point I'll 'live' in the Mods threads. :car:

Top Bottom