• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

They Said The 'p(5)' Word

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
XbU6rVJ.jpg

Want to see what the #Elio fifth generation prototype will look like?
Be sure to tune in to tomorrow's blog!

Posted by EM to Facebook yesterday evening

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree to a little degree. They should make sure that all the reservationists get a chance to drive one (we ARE their biggest fans/marketing tools) in order to help us pick which transmission we would like as well as to show off the skyzmatic system and other options to encourage purchases.
From Elio Motors Q&A page

Are test drives available?

Ultimately, yes. We’re planning a series of events close to the delivery of our first vehicle to let our supporters get the Elio feeling. Once we are in full production, you’ll be invited to one of our ride and drives that will be much more comprehensive, fun and informative than a typical “test drive.”

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
it was reported on another thread that the factory isn't close to the river that flooded and is on (for the area) on somewhat higher ground

The Red River is on the East side of Shreveport, elevation about 150 ft. The plant is on the West side, elevation about 250 ft.
Plant is about 13 miles west of the river.

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From Elio Motors Q&A page

Are test drives available?

Ultimately, yes. We’re planning a series of events close to the delivery of our first vehicle to let our supporters get the Elio feeling. Once we are in full production, you’ll be invited to one of our ride and drives that will be much more comprehensive, fun and informative than a typical “test drive.”
Given that they have stated that you'll have to pick your options 2 months ahead of time - my guess is that most early adopters won't have the option to test drive before selecting. I hope they take advantage of the many prototypes by not making them identical so that people can get a sense of the differences some of the options may provide - if only in picture form.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
XbU6rVJ.jpg

Want to see what the #Elio fifth generation prototype will look like?
Be sure to tune in to tomorrow's blog!

Posted by EM to Facebook yesterday evening
They ask "Can you spot one of the main design changes in this picture?"

I don't see the hood pins... the mirror looks different and the car looks higher. I'm betting it's the hood opens from the front now...

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Given that they have stated that you'll have to pick your options 2 months ahead of time - my guess is that most early adopters won't have the option to test drive before selecting. I hope they take advantage of the many prototypes by not making them identical so that people can get a sense of the differences some of the options may provide - if only in picture form.
I read in a Facebook response from Elio Motors, that the P5 will be hand built, but 6-30 will be mass produced.

Top Bottom