• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

They Said The 'p(5)' Word

Keith Dahl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Latest blog states they're planning the P5, with styling details to come:

http://www.eliomotors.com/elio-supplier-summit-latest-engineering-milestones/

Which was also mentioned ina article Google found for me earlier today:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/2015/06/05/elio-prototype-dream/28564429/

It also mentions November 2017 Deliveries. Hope that was a typo.
I clicked both links and didn't see anything bout 2017. but, im patient . I am glad I didn't sell my big road bike though.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just thinking... scary, i know... The first P5 shouldn't take long to put together. It will most likely be hand built with actual supplier parts. It is my hope/theory that the 10 crash test cars will then go next as the first test production round, followed by the rest after any minor tweaks... to validate both the car and manufacturing in one motion...

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just thinking... scary, i know... The first P5 shouldn't take long to put together. It will most likely be hand built with actual supplier parts. It is my hope/theory that the 10 crash test cars will then go next as the first test production round, followed by the rest after any minor tweaks... to validate both the car and manufacturing in one motion...
I say the P5 for alignment, mild testing and show.
After that a mix of Ps for a variety of testing purposes.
Down the road, once all testing is mostly complete, the cars for test drives.
Keep in mind, that there's already 14,000+ people who are mostly already commited without a test drive.
To me that means that the test drives are primarily aimed at the other 28,000 reservationists, but even more towards newbies.
And that says that the test drive vehicles really won't be essential until we're real close to production.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I say the P5 for alignment, mild testing and show.
After that a mix of Ps for a variety of testing purposes.
Down the road, once all testing is mostly complete, the cars for test drives.
Keep in mind, that there's already 14,000+ people who are mostly already commited without a test drive.
To me that means that the test drives are primarily aimed at the other 28,000 resrvationists, but even more towards newbies.
And that says that the test drive vehicles really won't be essential until we're real close to production.
I disagree to a little degree. They should make sure that all the reservationists get a chance to drive one (we ARE their biggest fans/marketing tools) in order to help us pick which transmission we would like as well as to show off the skyzmatic system and other options to encourage purchases.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree to a little degree. They should make sure that all the reservationists get a chance to drive one (we ARE their biggest fans/marketing tools) in order to help us pick which transmission we would like as well as to show off the skyzmatic system and other options to encourage purchases.
No disagreement here on the "should".
Behind the curtain though, I would certainly be thinking more about the yet uncommited.
Therefore, I still think the test drive vehicles (at least the majority of them) will be the last on the list.
I would certainly want all the testing and finalization to be the priority, in order for there to actually be a reason for test drives.
Also, I certainly wouldn't want people out here test driving vehicles that weren't absolutely the final production versions.
We'll probably just have to hustle and not put it off for weeks if we want a test drive before we choose our options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom