• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Weeks Tech Talk Is All About Interiors

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hate the instrument cluster.

The wheel fairings have grown on me.

I don't like the ugly rear-end. But it has some aero attributes.

But the instrument cluster... what a waste of available space for info.

The aftermarket is already in design mode.
I agree. You could be conveying clear, easily read, accurate information in those round instrument pods. This Elgin affair looks cranky, minimizes "data ink" (the amount of the visual field actually conveying information) and looks old-fashioned. Why, for instance, should speed be shown n 5 mph increments in an itty-bitty window? I hope Elio reconsiders this before its too late. It will cost them some sales. Just too kinky and inefficient.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Get rid of the Elgin dash. To me that's one thing that could kill the sales of this vehicle.
It is going to take a whole lot more than an Elgin dash to convince me not to buy my Elio. I'm made of sterner stuff than that and I think most people here are also. I am still waiting to see the actual dash before I judge it as good or bad. So far all I have seen and heard is speculation. I'm willing to wait and learn. And I'm willing to at least try something new before judging it. :-) Z

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out the best place to mount our Garmin .... at first look, it appears to be on the dash in the blind spot to the right of the steering wheel ... for power it shouldn't be too difficult to mount a 12V lighter plug on the dash to the right of the steering wheel
elio dash.jpg

Jim

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
It is going to be single DIN, Jerome said they were considering double DIN as an option though. I really badly hope they do, there are some very nice double DIN systems out there and the single DIN options all seem very cramped to me.

Top Bottom