• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Weeks Tech Talk Is All About Interiors

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I learned something. Apparently only the color door panels will be optional. The color panels on the dash will be standard and installed at the factory.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I learned something. Apparently only the color door panels will be optional. The color panels on the dash will be standard and installed at the factory.
This is the option color dash and door panel shown on EM's website:
image.jpg

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the option color dash and door panel shown on EM's website:
View attachment 6734
Now I am confused again. Originally I thought all 4 pieces were optional. Attaching the door panels would be easy and could be easily done at the marshaling centers. But the dash panels would require removing the AC/heater control unit and reinstalling it, and the radio/Continental stereo would have to be removed and installed also. I thought all work at the marshaling centers would be simple and easy. Nice picture.

Also, the storage area for registration papers and other items looks like it will be in the door.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I am confused again. Originally I thought all 4 pieces were optional. Attaching the door panels would be easy and could be easily done at the marshaling centers. But the dash panels would require removing the AC/heater control unit and reinstalling it, and the radio/Continental stereo would have to be removed and installed also. I thought all work at the marshaling centers would be simple and easy. Nice picture.

Also, the storage area for registration papers and other items looks like it will be in the door.
They included the door panel and the dash panel just to show you where they go; the colored panels are the highlighted red sections, and those are a breeze to do (give me the new panels and a panel tool and I could change them out in about 10 minutes.). So you will not have to take the dash out to get the optional panels.......

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They included the door panel and the dash panel just to show you where they go; the colored panels are the highlighted red sections, and those are a breeze to do (give me the new panels and a panel tool and I could change them out in about 10 minutes.). So you will not have to take the dash out to get the optional panels.......
Coss, I can tell already that I'm going to have to hire you to pimp out my ride.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I know the door and dash panels are displayed to show where they go. I know the red sections are the colored panels under discussion. I know the dash does not have to be removed to get the optional panels.

I am talking about the ease of installation of the colored panels on the dash. Usually, components (like stereos) have fascias slightly larger than the unit so it overlaps the hole, covering the surrounding part of the panel in which it is installed. This gives it a nice clean look. That is the usual technique. If that technique is used here, it would require removing the unit, installing the panel, then reinstalling the unit. They may do this. It seems more labor intensive than what I believe they want the marshaling center work to be.

Top Bottom