• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

This Weeks Tech Talk Is All About Interiors

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It tickles me to read all the comments on each persons preference for interior, fenders, etc....
This vehicle is meant to be simple, affordable, and customizable.
Lets get this thing produced first, then we can have aftermarket gadgets and customization galore.
Otherwise, it will be like everything else in this world, you try to please everyone, and end up not having a viable car for the asking price. Also, all the ornaments you hang on this tree, it adds to the weight, reduced fuel economy, and increases the price.

Are we really wanting the same luxury car amenities found in our 30 to 40K cars we have now? This is supposed to be a fun to drive, everyday commuter that saves money. Reflect back to the days of the first Honda motorcycles. Remember, you meet the nicest people on a Honda. It was all done to change the viewpoint of the bad Harley rider. Same for the Elio. People will be looking at the car and the driver. Each of us will be like Elio ambassadors telling others of how much we love it, what we've done or plan to do etc.... I'm excited and can't wait.

Zipper

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It tickles me to read all the comments on each persons preference for interior, fenders, etc....
Lets get this thing produced first, then we can have aftermarket gadgets and customization galore.
Otherwise, it will be like everything else in this world, you try to please everyone, and end up not having a viable car for the asking price. Also, all the ornaments you hang on this tree, it adds to the weight, reduced fuel economy, and increases the price.

Are we really wanting the same luxury car amenities found in our 30 to 40K cars we have now? This is supposed to be a fun to drive, everyday commuter that saves money. Reflect back to the days of the first Honda motorcycles. Remember, you meet the nicest people on a Honda. It was all done to change the viewpoint of the bad Harley rider. Same for the Elio. People will be looking at the car and the driver. Each of us will be like Elio ambassadors telling others of how much we love it, what we've done or plan to do etc.... I'm excited and can't wait.
Very well said.

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cruise control is a must for me driving on any length of highway and a safety feature, by allowing the driver to concentrate on the road ahead, while not having to constantly monitor ones speed. Elio would need CC.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think any one has mentioned remote start. We have it in our new car and my wife loves it. I hope it is an option. If it is, I will deffinitely get it along with CC.

R80RTWoody

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Cruise control is a must for me driving on any length of highway and a safety feature, by allowing the driver to concentrate on the road ahead, while not having to constantly monitor ones speed. Elio would need CC.
Same here as I use "CC" a lot on distance trips. But, a fast question for anyone: On slick roads the use of "CC" is unsafe as a single wheel can can lose traction faster than most drivers can react; so what if a vehicle is equipped with a lemited slip or positraction(sp?) type differential? What will the Elio be equipped with?

jim R

Elio Fan
Reaction score

I agree! Im getting it as is,, with one small addition ,,the 12v(cigarette lighter)
outlet,,, to charge my phone...land nav..or what ever. Thats it. Besides that, it already comes with anything i would want.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I sort'a understand LSD but what is "stability control"? Also, thinking this discussion should be under the engine drive train forum.
Thanks Kuda27 for your reply.

Stability control systems are the next generation of what used to be called traction control. These systems include more sensors with the ability to assist in a wider range of vehicle control situations. Stability control has been required in all US passengers cars since 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_stability_control

Top Bottom