• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Time To "get 'er Done"

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find that those with a negative view are much less tolerant ..... in looking at the two extremes, I know I'd rather be happy and be around happy people .... I simply don't want to waste time being around unhappy/angry folks whose mission is to drag others down with them

Hmmm...So you're saying, misery loves company? o_O:D

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's obvious that you really want to be somebody. Say,did you apply for a "position" with EM and get rejected? Wow, that could really "smart". And don't you live close to the plant, too? So, you secretly (well...not) are trying to prove to yourself, and everyone else, that EM "made a BIG mistake...So big that they now are doomed to fail without YOU?.........Maybe that was someone else. :oops: ;)

If "eliothegreat" indeed does live close to the plant, is it possible that s/he is a close personal friend of Stephanie Lynch, or perhaps is Ms. Lynch?

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If "eliothegreat" indeed does live close to the plant, is it possible that s/he is a close personal friend of Stephanie Lynch, or perhaps is Ms. Lynch?
It must be really difficult for you. If you can't refute the message, try to attack the messenger. I do not live or work in Louisiana. I have never met Stephanie Lynch nor corresponded with her. And I am not a s/he. LOL

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"s/he" Trying to be politically correct.
I remember using Gantt charts when I was doing project management and system architecture for a highly available computer system which included RAID51 SCSI disk farms.
Had the business plan, the Gantt charts for the production, standby, integration test, and development platforms all ready until our vice president advised me that because of corporate politics I couldn't use the platform that my entire project team had researched and determined to be the best spot for.
This was much like getting a year and a half delay when a Commissioner decided to privately file a lawsuit in an effort to stop the acquisition of the General Motors plant.
Sometimes the best business plans and all project planning in the world can't take into account random variables.
The project that I was working on only involved getting $250,000 worth of equipment installed in two different data centers and converting all of our custom code from big endian to little endian. But even on a project that small, that impacted a quarter of a billion-dollar annual revenue stream we were held up for over six months which obviously pretty much destroyed our Gantt charts.
So don't think I'm particularly attacking you, it's just that I've been there, done that, and know that there's a lot more involved than just what the book says.

Last edited:

Ocean9000

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Um, wow, okay - is this the "git 'er done" thread? [knock, knock]

In my opinion - EM (IAV) needs another 2-3 months to complete engine testing. So May. Then another 2-3 months to build 24 or 25 test platforms, the motors for which would be produced concurrently. So August. 3-4 months for testing and refinement, during which time financing and working capital/credit are finalized. So December. Another 3 months for supply chain priming, hiring, training and production readiness. So if absolutely nothing goes pear shaped, initial production could begin as early as March or April of 2016.
This is pure speculation using what little I know of finance, construction, fabrication, production and engineering...

Comments?

Of course this is all manure if PE is gonna run away to Rio with all the pre-sale capital or it will cost $12k and get 60MPG...

Last edited:

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio certainly has challenges but how on earth could this be a scam ? Imagine the complexity of this "scam" . Well known board members , leases , road trips , equipment sales , prototypes , channel partners , engine development etc etc all to glean some reservation deposits???
If this is a scam , it's the worst in history. Paul could have sold penis enlargement pills much more profitably .

Top Bottom