• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Time To "get 'er Done"

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
To be serious I like to hear the pros and cons for the building of the Elio. Not much pros going on right now is it? Hope they can find a way but it doesn't look good..

after you've been here a while you will see that most of us want to hear the positives and negatives as well .... since no source was provided for your charge that Paul (or anyone else) is cooking the books, I can only believe that the statement was totally without merit .... to say that type of things isn't well received would be a pretty good understatement .... you will find agreement here that funding issues have cast a shadow and its only with some news released within the last few days that things on that end appear to be on the upswing ....

Last edited:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
that's an interesting accusation .... I'd be curious to know where your evidence is .... seeing your location is listed as being in Louisiana, if you have proof please present it and you really might want to consider showing it to local law enforcement as well .... if not and all you have is something made up out of thin air, I can't help but wonder what your purpose is in joining this forum making such a charge
I also would like to know more about this book cooking. From the accounting classes I had, cooking is trying to overstate or misrepresent your profits to make your company look more profitable then it actually is. This encourages investors to invest money they might not have otherwise.

But since Elio has no profits or business of as yet, not sure what they be cooking. LOL

The reservations people talk so much about is really more of a loan. As they got to give it back to the buyer as a discount plus 50% on top of that.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must make this clear. I take issue with how ELIO handles financial madders, how they project a target then blow it and act as if it don,t madder.
I have never accused ELIO of being a scam or "cooking the books". Big difference it wrong approach and being a thief.
The ELIO should be built because we want it. That is why you build something . People want it and are willing to pay for it. The problem is not every thing we want can find the funding to be built. The ELIO if built and turns out to be near what most of hope it will be , will make a major change in what an economy car will be in the US. Once on the road and sales add up it will be copied. If it fails some of us will own a really cool collectors car.

ELIO owners yes we own part of the dream. Dreaming of the Day #8019 is built.

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm inpatient, or perhaps dulled down by all the talk about deadlines. I confess that, say, we were building a house as opposed to a car, it would be time to quit talking and get 'er done.

If we were building a house, the wood would have rotted away under the half finished roof. Get R Dun!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must make this clear. I take issue with how ELIO handles financial madders, how they project a target then blow it and act as if it don,t madder.
I have never accused ELIO of being a scam or "cooking the books". Big difference it wrong approach and being a thief.
The ELIO should be built because we want it. That is why you build something . People want it and are willing to pay for it. The problem is not every thing we want can find the funding to be built. The ELIO if built and turns out to be near what most of hope it will be , will make a major change in what an economy car will be in the US. Once on the road and sales add up it will be copied. If it fails some of us will own a really cool collectors car.

ELIO owners yes we own part of the dream. Dreaming of the Day #8019 is built.
Don't let the financial "madders" get the best of you. They are angry about the whole concept! (sorry couldn't help myself- spell checker has a mind of her own)

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well it does say Elioowners doesn't it. Since none on here own one why are you here?
To be serious I like to hear the pros and cons for the building of the Elio. Not much pros going on right now is it? Hope they can find a way but it doesn't look good.
And since it has been booked to be built 3 or 4 times, 25 prototypes stated as being built and the grand display of an engine that still hasn't showed I would say maybe the goose is getting cooked instead of the books.
As for being stupid I think there may be more on here that are stupid for keep believing when the odds are against you.
Keep up the good work. It is entertaining.
Just because you refuse to live in reality does not change facts. When starting with a new product there will always be setbacks and that is simple reality that most people can understand. Just because you were raised in a generation of immediate gratification does not mean that the world really works that way just for your.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"get 'er Done"
Paul is getting it done, cooking the books with your money.
Saw this..."did Paul and Brian W. go to the same training school?
You just might want to control your thoughts unless you have evidence. Your act is constituted as Libel or slander. This is a form of defamation of character. You could find yourself in legal issues. Just a warning. If you have evidence you should report illegal actions to the police.

libel

Law.
  1. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
  2. the act or crime of publishing it.
  3. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
verb (used with object), libeled, libeling or (especially British) libelled, libelling.
3. to publish a libel against.
4. to misrepresent damagingly.
5. to institute suit against by a libel, as in an admiralty court.

libel

1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Libel is the written or broadcast form of defamation, distinguished from slander, which is oral defamation. It is a tort (civil wrong) making the person or entity (like a newspaper, magazine or political organization) open to a lawsuit for damages by the person who can prove the statement about him/her was a lie. Publication need only be to one person, but it must be a statement which claims to be fact and is not clearly identified as an opinion. While it is sometimes said that the person making the libelous statement must have been intentional and malicious, actually it need only be obvious that the statement would do harm and is untrue. Proof of malice, however, does allow a party defamed to sue for general damages for damage to reputation, while an inadvertent libel limits the damages to actual harm (such as loss of business) called special damages. Libel per se involves statements so vicious that malice is assumed and does not require a proof of intent to get an award of general damages. Libel against the reputation of a person who has died will allow surviving members of the family to bring an action for damages. Most states provide for a party defamed by a periodical to demand a published retraction. If the correction is made, then there is no right to file a lawsuit.

If you have proof, provide it. If you don't, I would advise you to retract your words, apologize and say no more.

Last edited by a moderator:

carzes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From the 'final' design in 1972 till the first launch in 1982 the space shuttle took 10 years. Was that still in the 'instant gratification' generation? That was done with archaeic computers and it was almost TOTALLY custom designed from main engines to booster rockets to guidance and control systems and life-support, right down to the zero-g toilet. It converts 1.6 million lbs. of oxygen and hydrogen to water vapor in an eight minute burn with a launch weight of four million lbs. Got 'er done.
Paul certainly doesn't have a NASA-type budget, but it's kind of a fun contrast in terms of engineering challenges. After all, the Elio is just a car. There are lots of cars already, the technology is all there, and all the parts are either already produced or a fairly simple matter of molding and fabricating. Maybe NASA could spare a couple people to lend a hand on some prototypes. ;-)

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If we were building a house, the wood would have rotted away under the half finished roof. Get R Dun!
If WE were helping build the house WE would probably be more understanding of the delays and know the difficulties of the task.

How I see it... There are those negative peoples sitting in their lawn chairs in the front of the house that someone else is building while they are yelling and shouting it is wrong, it isn't moving fast enough, and they messed up! ... While facing the house across the street... which is their own house.

Most of the negative stuff floating around is based on speculations and assumptions.

The concerns that are real:
- postponed production dates,
- financing,
- and the unveiling (really not an issue because the engine is being tested and it is PR only!).

I see that all others are positives. I don't feel I need to list them. Most of us following Elio know them.

General Comment:

How I see it...

If you put money in the game and don't like what you see, you have the right to ask questions and voice your concerns. No insults, personal attacks or accusations based on speculation or assumptions.

If you have not put money in the game, I figure it is best to sit back and "listen", ask genuine questions to gather information, and read the posts. All this to help decide to put money in the game or not. I feel you have no right to do more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom