• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tire Sensors

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

Let's get back to the topic please .......

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
we have used the PressurePro PULSE system --- http://advantagepressurepro.com/index.asp?PageTypeId=3#<br><br><fontcolor=orange>VIEWPRESSUREPRO'SCOMPLETECATALOG</font> --- for close to ten years .... its the only system I know if that's made in the USA .... the bottom line is, it works flawlessly .... as but one example, a while back we were headed west in the rig shown below .... we were headed west on an interstate 90 in Wisconsin when an alarm sounded showing a problem with the tire that can be seen on the golf cart trailer below .... I pulled over, got out of the truck, walked around the front of the truck and about the time I got to the passenger's side front tire, I saw the tire on the golf cart trailer explode .... you cannot see that trailer in our tow truck's mirrors, so without the alarm we wouldn't have known there was a problem until it was too late .... in my mind the system paid for itself at that moment .... there are several systems out there, I'm a big advocate for using a pressure monitoring system

View attachment 11992
My , my what a nice set up you have. Such a pleasure to see how those that can afford it live. Very nice, congrats to you. Enjoy the Elio :D

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 11991 Would it be better to put Slime in the tires to prevent flats, or to pay for sensors in the tires to tell you that you have a flat or low tire? I have Slime in my tires on my Polaris and have only had one flat in over 10 years, and it was a blow out. Could you give me your opinion? I don't like the idea of having my Elio towed or leaving it jacked up while having the tire fixed. I am assuming that there isn't a spare tire? Thanks for your input. Doug
I am just going to have 100 % nitrogen gas put in all three tires and replace tires when tread gets low. Should the unfortunate occur I'll use a plug and pump up with small electric compressor/pump. Should that fail, I will call AAA ( I wonder if by roll out if the American motorcyle association will have accepted the auto cycle- I am a earned life member of AMA) Enjoy your Elio my Elio friends :D all of you -your Elio-our Elio

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am just going to have 100 % nitrogen gas put in all three tires and replace tires when tread gets low. Should the unfortunate occur I'll use a plug and pump up with small electric compressor/pump. Should that fail, I will call AAA ( I wonder if by roll out if the American motorcyle association will have accepted the auto cycle- I am a earned life member of AMA) Enjoy your Elio my Elio friends :D all of you -your Elio-our Elio
I'm going to run a 78% Nitrogen/21% Oxygen mix since it matters not one bit. But, I must admit, I DO some things that I know aren't effective because they make me feel better - like wearing my Falcon's jersey when they play though I know deep down that it doesn't matter. To each, his own, right?

Personally, I've wondered how a tire shop with no pressure chamber gets all the oxygen out of a tire when they "fill it with nitrogen". It seems that after mounting a tire, even if they "fill it with nitrogen", most of the end result is simply air. I know they can purge the air several times but again, we aren't talking about a pressure chamber. We are talking about a shop floor. Battery operated tire sensors will fail long before any small water vapor amount can affect them anyway.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to run a 78% Nitrogen/21% Oxygen mix since it matters not one bit. But, I must admit, I DO some things that I know aren't effective because they make me feel better - like wearing my Falcon's jersey when they play though I know deep down that it doesn't matter. To each, his own, right?.

agree .... put nitrogen in if you wish .... I learned working in the RV industry that its a gimmick to allow the dealership to make more money .... as noted, the air we breathe is 78% nitrogen .... Ford did the original testing and compared pure nitrogen with pure oxygen .... even then the advantages were minimal .... like I said, us it if you wish

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
agree .... put nitrogen in if you wish .... I learned working in the RV industry that its a gimmick to allow the dealership to make more money .... as noted, the air we breathe is 78% nitrogen .... Ford did the original testing and compared pure nitrogen with pure oxygen .... even then the advantages were minimal .... like I said, us it if you wish
Umm JEBar .... as you said ".... as noted, the air we breathe is 78% nitrogen...."

And Ty says he'll use ".....I'm going to run a 78% Nitrogen/21% Oxygen mix..."

It's a joke son........:p

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Umm JEBar .... as you said ".... as noted, the air we breathe is 78% nitrogen...."

And Ty says he'll use ".....I'm going to run a 78% Nitrogen/21% Oxygen mix..."

It's a joke son........:p

that's why my first word in the response was agree he's absolutely rigth

Top Bottom