• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tired Of The Trolls And Passive Agressives!

Have you been the victim of a troll that has nothing to add to your post but negative comments?

• Total voters

redhedman50

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This forum is plagued with passive-aggressive trolls that snipe others comments. Somehow, the so-called administrators let these comments go, however; if you respond back to the trolls, you get a nasty-gram and told that your post has been taken off. I didn’t know we were all in the 3rd grade and had to play nicey-nicey with the class bully. I guess the administrator is good friends with his team of passive-aggressive trolls. I got fed up with Craig’s snide comments about an old car call the Pontiac Phoenix and told him I had a bird for him. It did not have a pic attached or anything, yet that is somehow a censorable offense.
Goofy wrote me and said: “Your actions in this message are not what we are looking for on this forum so it has been deleted. The post really had no contribution to the conversation and instead was purely directed as an insult to another member who has also been sent a similar notice.

We understand that sometimes conversations get heated and members get a little carried away but please try and stay on topic and avoid personal attacks on other members even if that means taking the high road and not responding to another member if they do it first. You are welcome to report any issues you encounter and you can be assured that the moderator team takes all reports seriously.”
Out of over 800 members on the forum, there is only a handful of trolls that make our lives harder than it has to be. It seems they always have something negative to say. Let’s look at a few:
3 Card had a valid question about the gas/credit card.
Craig said: “Move along folks, nothing new here.”
3 Card had to defend his initial comment: “My point was/is Elio used the fuel card option as a gimmick to get reservations..If you read their email you will see they are withdrawing and stopped advertising it..I'm tired of sifting through this and the Elio site .. They have my money so All I need to hear is if/when my units are ready to pick up..I've also asked to have my profile and all post, pictures deleted from this site..Good luck to all of you..Cheers”
To quote Goofy: “The post really had no contribution to the conversation and instead was purely directed as an insult to another member…”
So why are these administrators not deleting that post? Why not warn him to quit? Why not tell him if he continues to troll he’ll be locked out for 1 day first offense, 1 week second offense, and 1 month 3rd offense, and eliminated 4th offense?
But I digress, let’s look for more:
John Giberson tried to share a brand new Facebook site about the Elio: “Please feel free to come and join the Future Elio Owners of America Facebook page. Another location to share photos, videos, ideas and anything you might like to share about owning an Elio!”
Craig said: “Thanks, but way to much negativity.”
John Giberson had no clue and just put a bunch of question marks: “????????????????”
Craig replied again: “Maybe that’s a little strong, I compare it to when I transferred from the Marine Corps after 10 yrs. and joined the Army for another 10. I will stick with the smaller, tighter unit.”
John Giberson just didn’t understand Craig’s negativity and said: “I suppose I get that...I was a little shocked since I JUST created the group and there is really nothing on it yet. It just seemed like a good venue to share photos and videos. I am heading over to West Palm Beach on Saturday to take some photos there...Thanks for your reply”
Being that this post had started out so positive, others had to join in:
Kuda27 said: “no likey 'Facebook', likey 'Twitter'. To each his/her own............”
Jobeleca said: “Why create a clumsy facebook page when we have this site already?”
According to Goofy’s logic, Craig and others should have been censored since it “had no contribution to the conversation and instead was purely directed as an insult to another member”.
Trust me there are a few others that love to throw bombs at what others say, and hey, I can deal with it, and throw bombs with the best of them, but I can’t compete with a pick-and-choose administrator that can’t enforce his own “rules” evenly across the board.
Also, I’m pretty sure that I’ve fought for America’s freedoms; one of them being freedom of speech. I guess a site that hails the making of a new American vehicle can’t have freedom of speech and needs to be censored. But censorship is a slippery slope. I can admit to what I said. “I have a bird for you.” And yes I did mean it the way it sounds. And yes, one of our trolls that likes to make comments that fuel arguments kept egging it on. If that is censorable speech, then I am speechless.
Trust me, I am not the only person that thinks others on this forum are negative. The negative themselves say how negative it is.
Goofy wants to send me a “conversation” and then he doesn’t want to reply back when I respond to his censorship message. Well Goofy you can take this one down too if there’s just too much truth in it. Other readers know that what I’m saying is true. Out of over 800 members, how many do you see here on a regular basis? There are some that are here all the time, and some of those are the ones running off your newer members.
I don’t believe in giving up any of my rights as an American citizen. I was just fine before I got on this site, and I’ll continue to get news about the Elio without it. Like I told Goofy when he sent me the message, I’ll be off of here for a while because it isn’t worth getting my blood pressure up because of a few bad eggs. To those that try to help, continue sharing knowledge, etc… I enjoy your posts. To those who have nothing but smart-butt comments that make the original poster scratch their heads, I hope others wise up and pretty soon you’ll have the whole forum to yourself. If you think I’m kidding, look at the stats for the forum: 800 plus users, and the most on the forum is 73. That is sad.

Okuma

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If someone is being a butthole just report the post so I can be made aware of it. I'll post a picture of where the report button is. And the 73 number is the most users ever online at once, which is actually a great number for a forum this young.

Capture.PNG

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been to the official FB page lately? Only two kinds there, self appointed expert cheerleaders and the trolls who like to poke at them. There's no room for middle ground and too little official input from Elio.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a very diverse group from all over the country with a wide range of opinions so as a moderator I would rather not have to intervene and instead allow discussion to flow naturally. I generally let things go and watch as the community helps police themselves however if we get reports and/or the discussion strays away from the topic and devolves into personal attacks or contains abusive language then that calls for intervention.

I try and handle any issues in a respectful manner with a generic public warning and if necessary a private message to those involved as I generally don't see the need to publicly call out another member over a post. This also means that many actions the moderators take are either quiet, such as modifying or deleting posts, or via private message behind the scenes. These actions may not be visible to everyone so it may appear we are doing nothing when in fact we are handling issues as we become aware of them.

As Okuma Steve has pointed out if anyone has an issue on this forum they are welcome to report it.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you been the victim of a troll?
Yes

This forum is plagued with passive-aggressive trolls that snipe others comments. Somehow, the so-called administrators let these comments go, however; if you respond back to the trolls, you get a nasty-gram and told that your post has been taken off. I didn’t know we were all in the 3rd grade and had to play nicey-nicey with the class bully. I guess the administrator is good friends with his team of passive-aggressive trolls.

I got fed up with Craig’s snide comments about an old car call the Pontiac Phoenix and told him I had a bird for him. It did not have a pic attached or anything, yet that is somehow a censorable offense.

Please read post #23 and #27 then #42 and #46
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-eagle.984/page-5

oops, it wasn't me. Your bad

Goofy wrote me and said: “Your actions in this message are not what we are looking for on this forum so it has been deleted. The post really had no contribution to the conversation and instead was purely directed as an insult to another member who has also been sent a similar notice.

He said this because it was true.

We understand that sometimes conversations get heated and members get a little carried away but please try and stay on topic and avoid personal attacks on other members even if that means taking the high road and not responding to another member if they do it first. You are welcome to report any issues you encounter and you can be assured that the moderator team takes all reports seriously.”
Out of over 800 members on the forum, there is only a handful of trolls that make our lives harder than it has to be. It seems they always have something negative to say. Let’s look at a few:

3 Card had a valid question about the gas/credit card.
Craig said: “Move along folks, nothing new here.”
3 Card had to defend his initial comment: “My point was/is Elio used the fuel card option as a gimmick to get reservations..If you read their email you will see they are withdrawing and stopped advertising it..I'm tired of sifting through this and the Elio site .. They have my money so All I need to hear is if/when my units are ready to pick up..I've also asked to have my profile and all post, pictures deleted from this site..Good luck to all of you..Cheers”

To quote Goofy: “The post really had no contribution to the conversation and instead was purely directed as an insult to another member…”
So why are these administrators not deleting that post? Why not warn him to quit? Why not tell him if he continues to troll he’ll be locked out for 1 day first offense, 1 week second offense, and 1 month 3rd offense, and eliminated 4th offense?
But I digress, let’s look for more:

John Giberson tried to share a brand new Facebook site about the Elio: “Please feel free to come and join the Future Elio Owners of America Facebook page. Another location to share photos, videos, ideas and anything you might like to share about owning an Elio!”

Craig said: “Thanks, but way to much negativity.”
John Giberson had no clue and just put a bunch of question marks: “????????????????”

Craig replied again: “Maybe that’s a little strong, I compare it to when I transferred from the Marine Corps after 10 yrs. and joined the Army for another 10. I will stick with the smaller, tighter unit.”

John Giberson just didn’t understand Craig’s negativity and said: “I suppose I get that...I was a little shocked since I JUST created the group and there is really nothing on it yet. It just seemed like a good venue to share photos and videos. I am heading over to West Palm Beach on Saturday to take some photos there...Thanks for your reply”

You accidentally on purpose, left out the following:

And then Craig said:
I do apologize, I thought you were referring to this site. I didn’t even go on yours. Sorry
https://www.facebook.com/ElioMotors

(I accidentally thought he was referring to the link above)

And John said:
NP Craig....and no apology necessary. Just thought it might be another fun venue to share!! Cheers!

Being that this post had started out so positive, others had to join in:
Kuda27 said: “no likey 'Facebook', likey 'Twitter'. To each his/her own............”
Jobeleca said: “Why create a clumsy facebook page when we have this site already?”
According to Goofy’s logic, Craig and others should have been censored since it “had no contribution to the conversation and instead was purely directed as an insult to another member”.
Trust me there are a few others that love to throw bombs at what others say, and hey, I can deal with it, and throw bombs with the best of them, but I can’t compete with a pick-and-choose administrator that can’t enforce his own “rules” evenly across the board.
Also, I’m pretty sure that I’ve fought for America’s freedoms; one of them being freedom of speech. I guess a site that hails the making of a new American vehicle can’t have freedom of speech and needs to be censored. But censorship is a slippery slope. I can admit to what I said. “I have a bird for you.” And yes I did mean it the way it sounds. And yes, one of our trolls that likes to make comments that fuel arguments kept egging it on. If that is censorable speech, then I am speechless.
Trust me, I am not the only person that thinks others on this forum are negative. The negative themselves say how negative it is.
Goofy wants to send me a “conversation” and then he doesn’t want to reply back when I respond to his censorship message. Well Goofy you can take this one down too if there’s just too much truth in it. Other readers know that what I’m saying is true. Out of over 800 members, how many do you see here on a regular basis? There are some that are here all the time, and some of those are the ones running off your newer members.
I don’t believe in giving up any of my rights as an American citizen. I was just fine before I got on this site, and I’ll continue to get news about the Elio without it. Like I told Goofywhen he sent me the message, I’ll be off of here for a while because it isn’t worth getting my blood pressure up because of a few bad eggs. To those that try to help, continue sharing knowledge, etc… I enjoy your posts. To those who have nothing but smart-butt comments that make the original poster scratch their heads, I hope others wise up and pretty soon you’ll have the whole forum to yourself. If you think I’m kidding, look at the stats for the forum: 800 plus users, and the most on the forum is 73. That is sad.

I spent 20 years of my life guarding your right to free speech.
Please feel free to apologize in bold green (peace) letters any time.
:)

PS Since burning the flag has been deemed free speech, so would kissing someones as- in public. If you wish to go that far with freedom of speech in your apology, who am I to say no.

Last edited:

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey,
We're all big boys and girls here. Pull up your big boy/girl pants speak your mind and move on. No need for any personal attacks.
I got drafted into the Army in 68 and I forgive all the citizens of this country for that unfortunate event. I did my time, didn't run off to Canada and moved on.

Playing the world's saddest song on the world's smallest violin
A sarcastic saying used when a person tells another person of something mildly unfortunate that has happened to them, sometimes exaggerated in order to gain sympathy. It implies that the person speaking of their misfortune expects someone to come in playing the saddest song in the world on the worlds smallest violin to correspond with the apparent tradgedy of the situation. Sometimes the person saying this will mime playing a small violin, or try and imitate the sound of a violin.
Jade: Hello, how are you?
Laurel: I just stepped in dog poop and my new shoes got ruined and my feet smell like dog poop, and-
Jade: -Shh... hear that? i'm playing the world's saddest song on the world's smallest violin (mimes playing small violin)

Last edited:

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am pro EE, however when i venture to question the content of a post often people like and including the person that started this thread feel they are incharge of telling people what flavor my posts should be. They add noting to the topic but instead fixate on the person who posed a dissenting opinion.
In most cultures this would be unacceptable. It has been tolerated to a degree I would not tolerate if I were a Moderator.
Any and all information that anyone wants to post, or their opinion on any topic is quite acceptable. However to just post a personal comment to one member or to talk in an open forum as if the person is not there and is not allowed to respond in kind is something I would not accept. We have the ability to mail each other personal comments, to post such comments is nothing but inciteful.
I am glad the Moderators have "Moderated" you. They have been much more lenient than I would have. I'd have given you one chance to defend your actions and the next time banned you without so much a s a sniff. There are many people capable of staying on topic(and the topic here is your asinine attitude and deplorable behavior, in a shit-slinging activity I rarely find someone with a bigger shovel than myself, but I constantly told myself that your behavior while very immature and quite ego-centric isn't worse than what is in the general population, although I think quite poorly of the cumulative American Public)
So back to YOU. One of the best things this site could do is what you asked...i hope the Mods will delete ALL your posts. Pics? we have Plenty of pics and most of them equal to yours and many more are better.
So as they say in the south, "Don't let the screen door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."
(insert happy emoticon here)
Now can we remember how this fool looks and stay on the topic of Elio Motors and would everyone that is left quit posting ALL personal comments and messages.

GAWD I LOVE IT WHEN A PERSON THINKS THEY SHOULD BE A TOPIC OF DISCUSSION!

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BTW your freedom of speech is still intact... what the Moderators do is tell you they do not have to listen to it on Their Board.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Moderator Comment: Everyone is entitled to their opinions so please try and discuss the topic without personal commentary about the OP or any other member.

Top Bottom