• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Today I Sat In The P4...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am referring to these pics you commented on:

Wow!!!!! Thank you for the pictures and information. Very informative. Great pics. I'm so glad you took the time to go and to take the pictures. The trunk actually looks bigger than I expected. Your picture of it is a lot better than the one Elio has on their website. LOL :) Z

Where are they?
OK. I'm not sure I can help you with this since the person who wrote the original post is on my ignore list. You can try going to the first post of the thread and you will see above it the name of the person who started the thread and the date it was started. I have to assume they are in that first post but I honestly don't know. Obviously I responded before I put him on ignore. You will notice my post is #2. His should be available to you. If it is not then I honestly don't know what to tell you. My ignoring him should not affect anyone elses view of the thread. I'm sorry I can't be more help. :-) Z

ScarecrowRepair

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Trunk space!! no matter the size it's a trunk- I drive a toyota MR2!! the storage area is the empty passenger seat!!
thanks for your work

1986 MR2 here. In comparing the specs, I was surprised to find how close they are in size. The Elio is 6" higher, 5" longer, and has a 1" wider front track, but half the weight. Being seen and noticed will not be a problem. Although I don't know how high the fenders are, they look high enough to be noticed along with the cabin.

I've made 6000 mile cross country trips in my MR2 with just a gym bag for three weeks t-shirts and shorts. I do not think the Elio will be a problem.

I talked to someone with the third gen, which has no trunk and a very small front trunk, which he said was basically big enough for a briefcase and not much else. If they want to take off for a simple weekend getaway, the luggage has to go at the passenger's feet, so they even go to the trouble of choosing hotels which have hair dryers in the room. The Elio is better than that.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1986 MR2 here. In comparing the specs, I was surprised to find how close they are in size. The Elio is 6" higher, 5" longer, and has a 1" wider front track, but half the weight. Being seen and noticed will not be a problem. Although I don't know how high the fenders are, they look high enough to be noticed along with the cabin.

I've made 6000 mile cross country trips in my MR2 with just a gym bag for three weeks t-shirts and shorts. I do not think the Elio will be a problem.

I talked to someone with the third gen, which has no trunk and a very small front trunk, which he said was basically big enough for a briefcase and not much else. If they want to take off for a simple weekend getaway, the luggage has to go at the passenger's feet, so they even go to the trouble of choosing hotels which have hair dryers in the room. The Elio is better than that.
ScarecrowRepair, welcome to the forum, repository of Elio information. Forum members are friendly and helpful (with a few exceptions) and we try to keep it informative and entertaining. We look forward to your questions, comments, and opinions. Enjoy both the Elio experience and the journey with the forum members.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score

Welcome :)

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, Scarecrow!! :)
We are by and large a friendly group with varied and diverse backgrounds. Lots of knowledge and expertise does make this a great
repository for reference on all sorts of topics and occasionally it gets really entertaining!
Although I might be one of the exceptions JimH talked about, I like to think I'm entertaining, so feel free to ignore me when necessary. :D
Dusty

Reaction score
That is very interesting because the taller of the two (7'4") said he had actually sat in the P3 last year. He said he had problems with having enough room for his right leg to move to drive. The dash board was in the way. Thanks for asking and telling. :) Z

I'm the 7'4" guy and am curious at this stage of the game what the chances are of being able to drive the car based on seat relocation and perhaps dash design or if this just going to be an expensive gift for my little 6'6" brother. I'd originally thought of going with the manual transmission but from the techtalks I've listened to, I think letting the car's computer shift for me to maximize efficiency is probably a better way to go plus eliminates one more pedal for big feet to traverse.

I keep hoping however that Elio will find a way to configure a car so I can do a commercial with them like Shaq does with that Buick he can't drive, but that I'll be able to drive the Elio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom