• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trunk Questions

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The most recent (May 2016) accessory list survey from EM listed an Alarm/Security for $250.00 :D
Yup, I saw that; I wonder what all it does? For $250 it sounds like a basic door/trunk switch, ignition disable, along with a accelerometer so it can tell if it's being shaken, or picked up. It might do a "John Wayne" and notify your phone (John Wayne Alarm=notifies you that someone is messing with your car, so you can come up behind them and play "John Wayne" (aka a good way to get your butt kicked)) :becky:

Lisa

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Much prefer the John Wayne approach to one of those idiotic alarms that indicates it has been activated by honking the car's horn. Whoever thought of that needs to be strapped into a chair in front of an SUV while someone turns the alarm on and off at random intervals.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Much prefer the John Wayne approach to one of those idiotic alarms that indicates it has been activated by honking the car's horn. Whoever thought of that needs to be strapped into a chair in front of an SUV while someone turns the alarm on and off at random intervals.
They do exactly what they were intended to; rattle the person is messing with the car, and annoy people around the area to look to see what is honking.
They will never stop anyone that is a real thief. A real thief will set it off over and over again, so you get irritated enough to turn it off, thinking is a bad system. Once it's off, he takes your car. Or he'll just take it, honk honking and all. If a thief wants it, he'll take it no matter what alarm you have.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a quote from an e-mail I received from Elio today.

"Leaving your clunker at home and opting for maximum fuel efficeincy, among other tips to get the most out of your summer road trip!".

Let's assume I already have my Elio. I won't be getting "maximum fuel efficeincy" (their misspelling) on my "summer road trip". Why, because I can't take the Elio, it doesn't have enough trunk space. That "84 mpg" does you a lot of good when you have to leave it in the garage!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a quote from an e-mail I received from Elio today.

"Leaving your clunker at home and opting for maximum fuel efficeincy, among other tips to get the most out of your summer road trip!".

Let's assume I already have my Elio. I won't be getting "maximum fuel efficeincy" (their misspelling) on my "summer road trip". Why, because I can't take the Elio, it doesn't have enough trunk space. That "84 mpg" does you a lot of good when you have to leave it in the garage!
Or you can learn the art of packing light. You'd be amazed how much you can fit in a gym bag.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to be a road warrior (IT) for years; who wants to wait for baggage all the time; I learned how to pack a weeks worth in a soft duffle style bag; if I had to be gone longer, I carried the company credit card. Anything that wouldn't fit in the bag on the trip home would be shipped UPS and meet me at home the next day. I did the same with tools; big job, ship tools first, ship to go home. Didn't bring enough tools or need something different; company credit card. I maxed out my company card at least once a month.

Top Bottom