• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trunk Questions

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I posted this months ago. Hope Elio took notice....

imhbhhage.jpg

Imaklhge1.jpg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You'd think that if EM is going to source seats from the Mustang (manufactured by Lear Seigler), they might incorporate a shallow drawer under the seat for storing the usual license, inspection, warranty, insurance and other paper detritus we accumulate in our cars, in addition to a Leatherman tool and a couple of pens and pads. MoPar minivans did this for many years ...
s-l225.jpg

They were simple plastic moldings mounted under the front passenger seat, were extremely handy, and could even be locked.

As an alternative, I'd probably slip a leather or heavy vinyl pouch alongside the driver's seat . . .
LeatherZipperBig.jpg

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they should get into the car, they could just as easily steal it- parts are usually worth more than the whole- in your case the battery pac should be a big resale ticket item.

The most recent (May 2016) accessory list survey from EM listed an Alarm/Security for $250.00 :D

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or you can go Totally old school and leave the trunk lid open and use a piece of rope. Just imagine your transporting an old school tube TV! Anyone remember trying to get one of those Huge (for the time) 35"+ tube TV's home from the store! Lol. They wouldn't fit through the car door but there is No way you were leaving that baby at the store! Now a 65" LED is only 1/2" thick. Technology is amazing.

my, my was that a Gremlin photo? A person can buy a flat roof rack with the four suction cups on its four feet. Roll down both window 1". Place exterior roof-rack on the Elio room, then attach you roof rack option straps with the hooks end, to the upper window track (now that the windows are down 1". Place what ever cargo you want on the roof-rack and secure it with bungee cords. If that does not work for you , you are only limited by your imagination.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Or you can go Totally old school and leave the trunk lid open and use a piece of rope. Just imagine your transporting an old school tube TV! Anyone remember trying to get one of those Huge (for the time) 35"+ tube TV's home from the store! Lol. They wouldn't fit through the car door but there is No way you were leaving that baby at the store! Now a 65" LED is only 1/2" thick. Technology is amazing.
I took Radio and TV in high school and most of our time was spent degauzing CRTs and breaking down those which could not be REJUVENATED. I bet I still bleed phosphorous from those old tubes.

Top Bottom