• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trunk Size

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of removing the back seat and installing a small box with a padded top in its place for tool/emergency kit storage. That should significantly improve the amount of cargo space at the cost of a bit less comfortable ride for a passenger that will almost never actually be there (if I expect to have a passenger, I'll use my other vehicle).

I wonder how much they'd knock off the price with a rear seat delete option? I would probably trade that for cruise control or some appearance upgrades.
Probably charge you more to have it removed; that's not a standard option.
If not more, they might take it out after being built, but not give you any credit for it.
Might as well keep it and do the mod yourself.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If that's the case, then I will do it myself. I just figured that if they're installing optional heated seats and such at the marshalling centers, why not take one out as an option? It would fit in with the only pay for the features you want philosophy.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 374

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got the point. The seat was lowered first, because they only got one inch improvement then the roof line was raised for more clearance..

Willie

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is a new pic? I like the nose of the yellow one more, but I don't like how round the top/rear is (on yellow).
Your rear passenger will appreciate the added headroom. The P5 doesn't look quite as rounded as the Yellow Elio image. Probably averaged roof line and lowered seat. The P5 roof line looks good!

image.jpeg

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Probably charge you more to have it removed; that's not a standard option.
If not more, they might take it out after being built, but not give you any credit for it.
Might as well keep it and do the mod yourself.

Yup! Store the seat until you sell your Elio. Several times in my life, while looking at used SUV's or mini vans, they are missing back seats. Kills the deal for me...OR I get a few hundred $$ off the price.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your rear passenger will appreciate the added headroom. The P5 doesn't look quite as rounded as the Yellow Elio image. Probably averaged roof line and lowered seat. The P5 roof line looks good!

View attachment 7429

Following up on my previous post; I took this new pic and modified it to make the "station wagon" style. Actually, I kind of like the look of it better than the original. It will only give a modest amount of extra trunk space but any we could get is better than none. I think I would choose it over the original....

Imaklhge1.jpg

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Following up on my previous post; I took this new pic and modified it to make the "station wagon" style. Actually, I kind of like the look of it better than the original. It will only give a modest amount of extra trunk space but any we could get is better than none. I think I would choose it over the original....

Imaklhge1.jpg
Hmmm.... Elio Kammback?

Top Bottom