• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Trying To Understand "wraps"

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I understand wraps too. Thank You. I might do it if they offer iridescent colors, ELIO logo's, or a "This is what the wind looks like" motif .
IIRC they had a couple of different books of available colors and finishes; plus the company that is doing the wraps can custom print what ever you want; but remember, you'll pay a custom price. ;)

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all of your GREAT information!! Really enjoyed watching the wrap process. I just wonder if it could bubble or scrape off over time? I see they tuck the edges under the rubber window molding, but how about on the edges of the door panel and hood and trunk openings? Maybe they can fill those spots in as well? I'm thinking that the wrap would repel road salt and protect the steel beneath from rust.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://autopaintingusa-chandler.com/services/custom-car-painting
I plan to use someone like this to create my avatar like Elio. I'll pick it up
in Shreveport as Marshmello & have a custom job done. Since it's basically
painting only half of the car & adding some detail work the resultant cost
shouldn't break the bank & should be competitive with the current option
wrap cost. We'll see.

Retro.jpg

stu ostler

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I understand the basics of wraps - my problem with the configuration page is with 170 colors some are probably matte and some metallic, but without knowing the brand of the material there's no telling. Personally if I'm going to afford a wrap, I'd like Brushed Titanium, but which one might that be on Elio's color chart?
vulcano-titanium.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand the basics of wraps - my problem with the configuration page is with 170 colors some are probably matte and some metallic, but without knowing the brand of the material there's no telling. Personally if I'm going to afford a wrap, I'd like Brushed Titanium, but which one might that be on Elio's color chart?
View attachment 11191
Contact EM and ask; I think I remember them saying what the material was.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys for all of your GREAT information!! Really enjoyed watching the wrap process. I just wonder if it could bubble or scrape off over time? I see they tuck the edges under the rubber window molding, but how about on the edges of the door panel and hood and trunk openings? Maybe they can fill those spots in as well? I'm thinking that the wrap would repel road salt and protect the steel beneath from rust.
I'm told they last about 3-5 years, and can be removed with a heat gun

Last edited:
Top Bottom