• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ttac Chimes In On Elio Again

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope not. I want a DN 2 slot with a radio and that is all. I don't want my eyes pulled that far down and right, and poking at touch screens is problematic for my shaky fingers. A radio is what was listed as standard equipment and that's what I want.

I don't know if it's gonna be on a standard DN 2 slot (although you'd think that would be the cheapest option) but every Elio is gonna have an AM/FM radio, right there on the dash behind the tablet. As a music lover, I'm definately going to be in the market for an inexpensive tablet with lots of room for my music, but every now and then you just gotta tune into the radio :)

If it does have a standard slot, then I already have a spare CD/Radio combo deck ready to install. Which I probably would.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now I'm confused....

Seth: I'm pretty sure the tablet mount is going to be standard equipment. ... they're counting on the tablet mount system as standard

John: That's my understanding.

Me: And if you don't want to put a tablet in your car, you're stuck with an empty tablet mounting arm hanging hanging there

John: No, no permanent mounting arm.

Seth says the tablet mount is standard, John agrees, I complain about an empty mounting arm, and then John says there's no mounting arm? :confused2:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess we don't really know. I've been operating under the assumption that the tablet arm was standard because it has been on at least two of the prototypes, and they seem to be representative of the stock machine. But I can't recall actually seeing literature that said as much either way. :noidea:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess we don't really know. I've been operating under the assumption that the tablet arm was standard because it has been on at least two of the prototypes, and they seem to be representative of the stock machine. But I can't recall actually seeing literature that said as much either way. :noidea:

Last thing I remember hearing was that the radio was going to be a standard DN 1 slot.
Of coures that was when they were talking about Continental as the provider.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now I'm confused....

Seth: I'm pretty sure the tablet mount is going to be standard equipment. ... they're counting on the tablet mount system as standard

John: That's my understanding.

Me: And if you don't want to put a tablet in your car, you're stuck with an empty tablet mounting arm hanging hanging there

John: No, no permanent mounting arm.

Seth says the tablet mount is standard, John agrees, I complain about an empty mounting arm, and then John says there's no mounting arm? :confused2:
The Jetta TDI I owned several years back 2012, came standard with an iPhone (or any smartphone of your choice) connector, but I think you'd be hard pressed to see the connector since it was stored in the glove box where the jack was. My point is, Elio will have a some sort of innocuous connection point on the right side of the dash, that will receive an arm that holds their iPad/Samsung/Nook/etc/etc and probably either a USB or lighter plug that you can plug your charging cable into.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM says the arm is not standard; only an option. This is definitive from the source.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Jetta TDI I owned several years back 2012, came standard with an iPhone (or any smartphone of your choice) connector, but I think you'd be hard pressed to see the connector since it was stored in the glove box where the jack was. My point is, Elio will have a some sort of innocuous connection point on the right side of the dash, that will receive an arm that holds their iPad/Samsung/Nook/etc/etc and probably either a USB or lighter plug that you can plug your charging cable into.
Correct, sort of; there will be an empty slot in the dash that the tablet mounting arm will plug into; it was originally planned to be right next to the 1 DIN space for the radio which will be standard equipment. As for plugging it in, they have not made final where and how many 12v power sockets there will be.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
As for connecting your phone; most likely it will have a Bluetooth connection which requires no physical connection.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Correct, sort of; there will be an empty slot in the dash that the tablet mounting arm will plug into; it was originally planned to be right next to the 1 DIN space for the radio which will be standard equipment. As for plugging it in, they have not made final where and how many 12v power sockets there will be.
The more the merrier, I say, but that old bugaboo cost comes into play with every one of them. Even if it's only $.75.

Top Bottom