• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ttac Chimes In On Elio Again

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MTX says they are making a modular system. I would bet the base model will be just a regular radio but if you want to upgrade, you'll be able to pop out the control head and install the one with the tablet support... Amazon sells a kindle fire for $50 and you can put in a micro SD card for your music. At that price, I'd just buy one especially for the car and leave it in there all the time.
Here is an article announcing MTX
http://www.ksla.com/story/30946788/elio-motors-sound-system-to-be-assembled-in-the-usa

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This article tells me that the stereo in the Elio is going to be like your home stereo; this line especially: "The audio system, designed in Phoenix, Arizona for Elio Motors by MTX Audio, will offer consumers flexibility and future-proof technology, allowing Elio vehicle owners to easily upgrade their system."
Future-proof? I've never heard that term used with a car stereo before. I guess you'll be able to add components as needed or as new technology comes out.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is an EM suppliers summit video posted somewhere that specs the speakers and shows the schematic of the speaker design and layout.
You may be referring to this video. The stereo info is at 3:30

NOWEVER. DO NOT RELY ON THIS VIDEO. IT IS FROM AN OLD STEREO SUPPLIER.

I use it to see what technology is available. I find the slim subwoofer interesting and the idea of an amplifier built at the base of the antenna. It shows the antenna in the roof and the Elio antenna will probably go in the roof too. (remember, they show a conventional car diagram in their video)

I hope the antenna in the roof is positioned such that it is out of the way when they cut a hole in the roof for the sun roof hole.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You may be referring to this video. The stereo info is at 3:30

NOWEVER. DO NOT RELY ON THIS VIDEO. IT IS FROM AN OLD STEREO SUPPLIER.

I use it to see what technology is available. I find the slim subwoofer interesting and the idea of an amplifier built at the base of the antenna. It shows the antenna in the roof and the Elio antenna will probably go in the roof too. (remember, they show a conventional car diagram in their video)

I hope the antenna in the roof is positioned such that it is out of the way when they cut a hole in the roof for the sun roof hole.
Watching the movie -- that ain't no Elio -- it's a full car width with steering wheel on the left. That may be a generalized schematic, but it's definitely not the real thing. Also, I believe EM switched suppliers in late 2015.

Top Bottom