• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Turbo Retrofit Poll

How much would you pay for a retrofit turbo for your Elio

• $1,500

• $1,800

• $2,000

• $2,250

• $2,500

• Nothing -- it's not worth it to me

Results are only viewable after voting.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
For me, it is about the platform. The high MPG has no bearing in my wanting the Elio. I love small, light cars and the Elio seems exactly like the commuter I have been looking for. But I also want pedal-to-the-metal fun. As a commuter though, I also want reliability which is why I am interested in a factory turbo vs. doing it myself. That is being saved for the Miata :) The Miata will be my project/weekend fun car that can spend time out of commission while I figure out what I broke.

So until the Elio can replace my Miata as a commuter, my hot rod plans stay shelved...
Ahh being retired is a double edged sword; one side, I have all the time I want to play with toyz, and I have a shop to do it in; the other side of the sword, I'm on a fixed income so allowance for playing with toyz is limited. :oops:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Males must tinker, and "customize" their toys (its the modern male version of pissin on things to claim ownership). we cant be like everyone else, were all individuals....just like everyone else. personally, i would like to see the option of a moon roof/glass roof (yeah, i know, it would be a small glass, but ehh, I like looking up. and i cant wait to see someone paint one of these babies up to look like a pod racer, its just askin for it.

(its the modern male version of pissin on things to claim ownership). I really like this analogy. It is the best explanation of tinkering behavior I have every read. It deserves a chapter in the next psychology textbook.:yo::typing:

Jim Johnston

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Ahh being retired is a double edged sword; one side, I have all the time I want to play with toyz, and I have a shop to do it in; the other side of the sword, I'm on a fixed income so allowance for playing with toyz is limited. :oops:
Yes, being retired is wonderful. I opted out of the work force at age 54. I had plenty of retirement income set up, high quality pension and the government was just looking for some place to throw extra money. There's always a little extra to throw at the fun stuff and the Elio and my new Turbo Veloster are going to be big time fun!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, being retired is wonderful. I opted out of the work force at age 54. I had plenty of retirement income set up, high quality pension and the government was just looking for some place to throw extra money. There's always a little extra to throw at the fun stuff and the Elio and my new Turbo Veloster are going to be big time fun!
Ex wives (yes plural) took care of any "extra" money I had.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ex wives (yes plural) took care of any "extra" money I had.

I abhor divorce. I believe in duels. It is only a little more serious, but the winner takes all and doesn't have an ex to keep reappearing. Also, it doesn't have a gender bias as does divorce. It would be inherently more fair with fewer lasting effects since the survivor would have all of the assets to continue with live as it should be.

Top Bottom