• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

UFO's

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, just had to show this one to my friends... (yes you!)

If that is CGI, it's very-very good.

For the black puff-cloud to move that slowly past the window, it has to be a limited distance from the airliner. And the Focus of the disk vs the wing, does seem to support that.

Chinese (and the whole world!) video creators make CGI mystery vids all the time, so take this with a grain of salt!
But the subtile details and hazes and other optical effects go way beyond what CGI works usually accomplish.

Having said that AI is a source that can pay attention to such details.

Last edited:

Interested

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
What I find interesting is how poor the image is. Even out an airplane window the resolution of cameras is better than this. Making a fuzzy image can cover up an overlap of images.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Infact that bubble expand effect is done on cell phone vid captures all the time.
--personal info edited---So, unless I know the person myself, I don't trust much else since then.

There are some hazing effects in the vid, but that doesn't count for much. And could actually indicate image blending.

Probably the worst tell, is that it's so clear, with no context, no full story, and a super steady hand. Doesn't happen in real life that way.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I've identified the conclusive fake tell.

That bubble effect is supposed to be around the UFO, which is back at a small distance. But the effect appears to affect the wing in the video the same as the space around the UFO. That shows the effect was spread out in the 2d plane of the video, and not at a 3d depth into the scene.

If some kind of beam were shot directly at the viewer, that distortion would play out differently at each range of depth. And that didn't happen either.

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A Chinese airliner but only one video taken, you're having a laugh, 3/4s of the people or more of every flight I have ever been on in China have their phones going, most in flight mode watching videos, reading articles or sorting through their snaps, but other on the internet too! If this was real, there would have been 50 whatever videos of it, and it would have been big news on social media. There are a number of UFO CGI guys constantly displaying their talents on Chinese social media. Looks to me like someone filming the sunset, not the "UFO".

I watched 1950's horror sci-fis as a kid in the 1960s, rank the original Star Trek as my favorite TV series of all time, have watched countless sci-fi movies, series, and UFO documentaries in my lifetime, and of course all the recent UFO hysteria with people claiming the US has crashed craft and pilots etc ....

So all my life I have wanted to see a UFO for real, got fooled once early morning just after 4am driving up a lonely highway, seeing a light hovering in the sky, then suddenly accelerating away at wild sppeds, disappearing, then reappearing in another place in the sky ...

It was a crop dusting plane. As the plane flew directly at me, it's spotlights appeared to be stationary, then it would make it's turn at the end of the run, and look like it was accelerating at wild speed, to then turn 180 degrees and disappear completely, just to suddenely appear again when making it's next run flying straight at me.

However, 5 years ago was a different story, the one and only UFO I have seen.

It was a patchy, ground level thick cloud after rain, and suddenly through patches in the cloud at about 200 feet off the ground, and about 500 feet away from me, a 'thing' appeared. And it was huge. Best description I can give is an airliner's wings that appeared banked at 45 degrees, but flying in a straight line, no fuselage, 3 or 4 lights along each wing, dead silent, and flying at about 50 mph.

I design and build light aircraft occasionally, so I know what a plane is, I know the physics of flight, and this was outside of those parameters.

As far as I can make out, it was the, or one of the infamous flying triangles, alleged to have been seen in the US recently this year, and this is what I saw ...

No, I don't believe in aliens, ET craft etc, but I certainly was amazed by what I saw and would like to know what it was.

---------------------

BTW, I heard an interesting conspiracy story just recently that goes a long way to explaining events such as Roswell:

The line goes that due to the 'Cold War', both the US and Russians built dummy UFOs and placed surgically modified children or dwarves inside them, then would hook them to a plane and drop them in relevant places with sparse population and near military bases. Certainly a fit for Roswell. Just enough witnesses, and time for the military to arrive very quickly to clean up.

Why? - For the other side to think that the other side had recovered "Alien Technology"!

Now while you may scoff or chuckle at that story, do you really believe they are "aliens from another planet" over something that human hands can accomplish? - which is the more real world fit ...

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. I was asked to accompany my uncle who was flying a UFO run back in the early 1980's or so. I didn't go (parents thought it was a bad idea), but the gist of it was a group of light planes, usually Cessna's like my uncles, would take off at meet up over some target, then climb as high as they could and then get in a "V" formation, they would then turn on the landing lights and throttle back and glide over the target (making them silent). Once out of range they would then split up and fly back to their respective airports. The next day the papers would be full of UFO reports and fuzzy pictures. This went on for about a year in various places until the FAA heat got to be too much, then they disbanded and backed off. I was a ground witness to one of these flights and it was truly impressive, the "V" seemed impossibly large (probably 10 craft in this one) and absolutely silent. Shook up the town, they even had MUFON people speck at the local high school. Looked pretty much like your flying Vee picture. The triangle craft you speak of are different, I have some clear (daytime) pictures of that craft, typically with three large lights, one on each "wing" and one at the nose. Its more boxy than you might imagine, looks almost exactly like the imperial ships in star wars, only smaller. Not the TR3b or Manta (those are even smaller). Was going to attach the pics here but they are on my old laptop, will post when I get them.
I did find a vaguely similar looking pic (below) but the pic I have is a larger and much thicker craft, triangular but NOT aerodynamic looking other than the shape.

usmilAF.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, I did have a correllation to two/three of Mark's points. And indeed, one for 'Hog'.

1) I had spotted a golden light bouncing around on the horizon for about 2 minutes. But then it suddenly enlared....and...wait for it...flew by as a Learjet.
It was just before sunset and that, along with flying low in heat-affect-rising-air pockets, all the affects I saw.

2) Lookup the 'Phoenix Lights' on you tube. The first major news on that was the day after a chevron craft like mark's with those lights, flew center-line down Phoenix. I was, at that moment, laying in bed, center-line under that flight vector, thinking it would be cool if I could see a UFO someday. I never did go outside that night. Crap! (you have just been hinted at about a function of intuition)

The next night may have been the USAF flying some choppers and floating some flares. That just serves to mix up the information of the event.
Since then many people have stepped forward having seen the craft days and weeks before and after.

3) So that does go to the point of mark's, about gov intervention. The technique about fuzzy information as well as fuzzy images. These are both impressionistic art methods. The observer gets to make-of it what they like, but never conclusively.

---edited out personal information---------

Frankly, the Star Trek play about non-interferance is a likely synario for the UFO situation. Except we are the dummies on a backward planet. And some UFO source(s) are the Enterprise. In fact there would be a variety of good and bad players on the Alien side, and few or none of them benefit from us waking up to the fact.

On the Earth-side of things, we have all kinds of good and bad actors. These are split into believers and non-believers, and into actions based on fear, and actions based on interests of diverse types. Anytime you hear statements about the 'Secret Government', none of that takes into account all the different actor types and diverse interests involved.

The govenor of Arizona is a potpourri of actions and motivations that make a good example. In the moment, he tossed water on the event, pissing off many of the believers in the public. Then later he admitted that he had actually seen the craft himself, but was affraid the public was going to get fearful (as he now was) and go nuts. It has also has been suggested that he was 'encouraged' to do that with threats by unknown actors.

Frankly, the only way to sort out anything either UFO, or broadly speaking, ---edited---, is to have your own experiences, or otherwise, something from a trusted friend or family member. Then everything in the wierd and/or wonderful has a different weight on your perceptions.

So, back to the internet, and deep fakes. What is different today from years past, is that we have, you know, lots of media that is lies and fakes. That is good and bad. How can that be good? Well, it gives a kind of camoflage for those posting something real. YOU will not be picked out as easilly and castraited for posting something truthful but wierd.

But of course, that is totally useless unless you have a way to sort out what is true. So yea, your own experiences and logic, pure logic Mr. Spoc!

How wierd can the broader reality get? OK, check out "Skin Walker Ranch", yup wierd. yup real. Logic has not helped them much on the ranch to get answers. They are still gathering experiences.

Last edited:

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My theory about that has been that we are seeing ourselves in the future, which would explain crashes, the appearance of UFO's around major events like rocket launches, volcanoes erupting, etc. I assume humans of the future will be just like us, inquisitive and taking risks of getting caught doing something they shouldn't. "Oooops, wasn't supposed to be seen, oh well, back then they were just made fun of if they mentioned it..."
Also, we know that technology exists (for some) long before the public becomes aware of it, like the "flying wing" and super-supersonic aircraft. (SR-71, F-117, etc). The SR71 was practically retired by the time most people learned about it.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, the issues around time travel opens up a whole can of worms. Any challenge to one of time, space, dimension, or consciousness, challenges all of them. (and don't even get me started about intuition, visions and dreams related to multiple time-lines)

If it is possible to time travel at all, and then the whole issue of timelines is a swisscheeze of flexibuility and not a structured crystal that easilly fractures, if you get my comparison. It's more like a rubbery-mess that is multidimentional and weaves around inside of itself. Each individual one of us just drops into the cross-over points that we are 'tied' to. There do seem to be rules and limits, but not the rules we humans can manage very well. The facts and observations seem to support that time and dimentions wrap more around each of our bubbles, than the idea that we occupy rigid space inside of a fixed reality.

Fer-sure, reality seems very rigid to our 'normal' perceptions. But tied to the exceptions, any that you can verify, things do not seem so rigid.

I can not not say for sure, just how 'it' is. I can say for sure that it is not exactly like current science accepts. --edited out--- We all have to get our own experiences.

Last edited:
Top Bottom