• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Us Senator Vitter Introduces Autocycle Safety Act - S.685

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned, but needs re-stating- ANY expectation that ANYTHING will get out of ANY committee,in Congress is too remote to consider the possibility of important laws. let alone this little speck of legislation. There is a faction that will see this as a Capital Hill, attempting to squash states rights- this is not intended as political, but just a reality check. If it is removed - hey I really do have a life outside of Elio, albeit small, shallow and a non-contributing member of humanity.

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahead of you.
Go here: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/114/s685
Click on "Call Congress"
Click on "I support this bill"
Follow directions (including an example of how the conversation will most likely go)
You'll be contacting your congressman but there are several on the committee and the more who are familiar with the issue, the more likely they'll be ready to support it.
Thanks Ty, That was easy a pie! link also moved me to our other Sen. who was out of the office, left a message for him.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As mentioned, but needs re-stating- ANY expectation that ANYTHING will get out of ANY committee,in Congress is too remote to consider the possibility of important laws. let alone this little speck of legislation. There is a faction that will see this as a Capital Hill, attempting to squash states rights- this is not intended as political, but just a reality check. If it is removed - hey I really do have a life outside of Elio, albeit small, shallow and a non-contributing member of humanity.

If it does, perchance, make it out of committee it
could always be a 'rider' (npi) on any jobs bill up
for a vote............:D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the congress of the last few years was much different than the congress of today .... the party of the Senator is the same as the majority party in both the Senate and House as well as the party of the majority members of the committees that will consider it .... I believe that with the majority of states already enacting Autocycle legislation, as a stand alone bill, its got a good chance to get to the desk of the President .... if it gets thrown into other legislation, much depends on the content of that legislation .... once it gets to the desk of the President, who knows

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it's important to keep this hope in prospective- awhile back, someone crafted a petition for the President? /Congress? to consider an action to benefit the Elio. The banter required 15k? at one level, and 99k for something else to make it happen. There were folks who thought if they told everyone they knew, it might happen, they even posted the number of supporters daily, and then............. Our bubble is too small to think that folks outside the bubble (at this time) gives a s**t.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's important to keep this hope in prospective- awhile back, someone crafted a petition for the President? /Congress? to consider an action to benefit the Elio. The banter required 15k? at one level, and 99k for something else to make it happen. There were folks who thought if they told everyone they knew, it might happen, they even posted the number of supporters daily, and then............. Our bubble is too small to think that folks outside the bubble (at this time) gives a s**t.

The difference is EM can marshal a lot more support than those of us on the ground if they so desire. Besides hiring lobbyists which they can and have done EM also has 40K+ reservation holders and who knows how many more non-reservation holders on their email list plus over 200K followers on Facebook plus several other avenues to reach a much wider audience. If EM were to leverage all that they could easily get several times the amount of people we could on our own to actually reach out which would be enough to make a difference in terms of getting attention from those higher up the political chain.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's a difference between expressing support for a bill in congress and the white house petition. The difference is that this is a bill that makes sense, but if the white house pushes for it than then republic an party reflexively is against it.

Guess it's a good thing Sen. Vitter is a Republican in that case.

Top Bottom