• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Web App For Guessing Production Date

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A repeated question on the forum is "When will I have my Elio?!" A common chart is passed around, but it isn't easy for everyone to understand and doesn't have dates on it. Because of this and for your pleasure, I have created a web app to give you what you want!

If you are $1000 all-in (or merely curious) feel free to follow the link below and punch in your number. This will provide a 2 week date range for production of your Elio based on Silas Sunday's chart. Goofyone has discussed with me that this may not be an entirely accurate chart There are more details about that given on the page.

For those of you new to the Elio world (or those with ever-hopeful hearts), please remember that the Elio is in development, and the calculator is based on collected scraps of Elio statements. It is not a guaranteed date range that your Elio will be finished by. I will update the calculator as we find out more.

http://www.crazygonutz.com/misc/elioproduction/

New Features:
9/16 - You can now change the start production date.
I'm lovin it! Anything to help keep us entertained during the long wait is good!

ET Elio

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if I don't upgrade my reservation and assuming I will be near the end of the list, I will still get my Elio in time for spring! This is great because if we continue to have winters like last year's, I will feel safer about picking my Elio when it is not mega snowy and the risk of being "snow rolled" by a plow has passed. Cumulative snowfall will displace the Elio's parking space until I can get a little Shelterlogic type of garage.

Fred Yerrick

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A repeated question on the forum is "When will I have my Elio?!" A common chart is passed around, but it isn't easy for everyone to understand and doesn't have dates on it. Because of this and for your pleasure, I have created a web app to give you what you want!

If you are $1000 all-in (or merely curious) feel free to follow the link below and punch in your number. This will provide a 2 week date range for production of your Elio based on Silas Sunday's chart. Goofyone has discussed with me that this may not be an entirely accurate chart There are more details about that given on the page.

For those of you new to the Elio world (or those with ever-hopeful hearts), please remember that the Elio is in development, and the calculator is based on collected scraps of Elio statements. It is not a guaranteed date range that your Elio will be finished by. I will update the calculator as we find out more.

http://www.crazygonutz.com/misc/elioproduction/

New Features:
9/16 - You can now change the start production date.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guessing Production Date??
Have looked, and perhaps it's in here,-But does the production date start after the IIHS and /or NHTSA testing of (25?) cars off the line (NHTSA requires cars to be selected at the dealers??), and meets with their approval. ?? Does it mean they keep the line producing cars while awaiting ratings? Or does the line get up running, produce the 25 units and wait for the approvals?? How long does it take after the cars are delivered to IIHS testing center in VA. to get results?? ( might sound like i know something, but these are just googled info)

I know we have many folks in/from the industry that would have some idea of these time frames. This process/time is not in Elio's control and wondering how it will affect the first sales. This is, for those sensitive defenders of the faith, not any attempt to climb on the negative bandwagon, but to look at what external factors might slow up the process of me getting my car

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Guessing Production Date??
Have looked, and perhaps it's in here,-But does the production date start after the IIHS and /or NHTSA testing of (25?) cars off the line (NHTSA requires cars to be selected at the dealers??), and meets with their approval. ?? Does it mean they keep the line producing cars while awaiting ratings? Or does the line get up running, produce the 25 units and wait for the approvals?? How long does it take after the cars are delivered to IIHS testing center in VA. to get results?? ( might sound like i know something, but these are just googled info)

I know we have many folks in/from the industry that would have some idea of these time frames. This process/time is not in Elio's control and wondering how it will affect the first sales. This is, for those sensitive defenders of the faith, not any attempt to climb on the negative bandwagon, but to look at what external factors might slow up the process of me getting my car

As this vehicle will officially be classified by the NHTSA as a motorcycle no crash testing is required prior to production.

For the entire auto industry the results from a certified independent crash facility is what serves as proof of meeting government crash test standards unless the vehicle is chosen for verification and directly tested by the government. We do not know if the NHTSA will test the Elio at all as they do not test motorcycles however Elio Motors has said that they will conduct this testing themselves. Elio Motors will crash test 5-10 of the 25 E-series pre-production models as the rest are destined to serve as test beds to ensure all systems are fully programmed and everything is properly tested before production begins. Even if the NHTSA does not officially give Elio Motors the crash test rating with the test documentation EM will be able to legally claim that the vehicle 'meets the NHTSA crash test standards'.

The IIHS is a private group controlled by the insurance industry which works independently of the government and auto manufacturers so they very well could choose to test this vehicle if the insurance companies want them to. To maintain their independent status the IIHS methodology is to purchase random vehicles at retail and test them. This could happen any time after the Elio vehicles are available for retail sale.

Last edited:
Top Bottom