• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Are The Other Big Car Companies Thinking About Elio?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
You know - Toyota, GM, VW, Hyundai, Ford, Nissan, Honda....

it would be interesting to know -

Unfortunately right now it is likely something along the lines of "another idea destined to fail like many before". I am sure they will keep an eye on Elio Motors to see what, if anything, develops however until EM actually begins mass production the other car companies likely won't take it very seriously.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe in a couple of years they may say "we need to put or own three wheeler out there to catch some of that market,"

This is what we all hope happens. Hopefully Elio will sell several hundred thousand of these vehicles and then we can watch how serious the other automakers get about fuel efficient three wheeled vehicles.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are ignoring them, however, some have had 3 wheeled concepts so the idea has crossed their minds before Elio ever started his company. Toyota and Mercedes come to mind.

Toyota currently has a "city" car called the i-road that they will be trying out in Japan, it can only go 31 miles on a charge and 37 mph. So obviously it is not the same as the Elio, but if successful I could see Toyota branching into a larger Elio like vehicle.

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/th...ectric-vehicle-tested-tokyo-article-1.1729230

upload_2014-3-25_18-33-15.jpeg

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe in a couple of years they may say "we need to put or own three wheeler out there to catch some of that market,"

JMO, it will never happen. The only way Big 3 could get any of the market, would be to under price EM or come within a K$, with ten more options as standard. JMO

Top Bottom