• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Are The Other Big Car Companies Thinking About Elio?

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
yea well i guess you have to follow the $$$$$ i will repeat has anyone actually been to the plant site? are there brochures and owners manuals printed and available, has anyone reasearched anything on the stock markets? etc,etc
only people like the govenor of LA.. the mayor and town concil of Shrievport who approved and gave incentives for them to go in.. a few from louisana have reserved..Car and driver, several news agencys..

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hahah not at the moment i,m afoot, i suppose if you wanted to fabricate a cage for the can -am you could have a prototype?
Yep Can Am and Geo.. good research tools.. For 25 k cam am could have included a top /cage .. You are paying about 8 grand a wheel, That's Harley pice without the coolness.. I'll stick with my Harley, Jeep and Elio for the sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't days

briish

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahah yea well you cant have enough toys,so i guess we will have to bid our time,im going out now and tool around the beach w/ my jeep cheers chet

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is what we all hope happens. Hopefully Elio will sell several hundred thousand of these vehicles and then we can watch how serious the other automakers get about fuel efficient three wheeled vehicles.

Have no doubt it will happen, What with the UAW, share holders, etc., etc. the big three will have a difficult
time getting near Elio's price point............... :)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wondering what the oil companies are saying..I'm sure Japan, Korea and a few American companies have one on the drawing board.. most probable waiting to see how it sells.. Other will offer a buy out or partnership if it sells well.. Rember a car company named GEO ?
I'm sure IF oil production could be slowed and still meet world-wide demand, they'd just charge more per
yea well i guess you have to follow the $$$$$ i will repeat has anyone actually been to the plant site? are there brochures and owners manuals printed and available, has anyone reasearched anything on the stock markets? etc,etc

I've been to the plant. Well, the GM plant. I know the equipment is still there. I know Shreveport is involved. I know Elio is going to use the plant.

WCCFLY

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Well the Big 3 (Toyota, General Motors, and Volkswagen) all or will have 3 cylinder engines in production before Elio's (projected) production date. They have economies of scale Elio can only dream of. They have engineers, advanced testing, etc., etc., etc., The automakers could easily get out a vehicle like the Elio in less than 12 months (imo). No need to certify engine, would already be in a production car. 3 wheeler very little to make legal compared to a car. Dealer network, in place.

I subscribe to the theory if Elio makes it to production (as someone already pointed out) this will be a niche vehicle. I also doubt they will be able to able to sell vehicle for $6800 and make a profit, stay in business. But if it does make it to production, I fully expect Elio to sell vehicle to depositors for $6800.00.
Volkswagen already tried this concept in the GX3 I think it was but rumor on the net was that American lawyers were gonna have a field day with a motorcycle which had a steering wheel on it.

Chris F

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wondering what the oil companies are saying..I'm sure Japan, Korea and a few American companies have one on the drawing board.. most probable waiting to see how it sells.. Other will offer a buy out or partnership if it sells well.. Rember a car company named GEO ?
GEO wasn't a car company; it was always a GM badge. My Chevy Sprint became the GEO Metro; the GEO Tracker was a Suzuki and my GEO Prizm is a Corolla made in California.

DBN477

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Volkswagen already tried this concept in the GX3 I think it was but rumor on the net was that American lawyers were gonna have a field day with a motorcycle which had a steering wheel on it.

subject already discussed in another thread, I even posted the VW story... The VW was more of a toy, like a KTM Crossbow, ultimately VW gave excuses in the story I posted a link to.

Top Bottom