• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Happened To Yellow?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From those who do have MAACO experience, I know the paint job doesn't last, but how does it look initially?
The MAACO reviews for paint and workmanship are not good. I wonder if they offer the option of an upgrade or if their is a high quality auto body franchise out there that does quality work. I couldn't see spending $2-3K for custom paint on a $6800 vehicle.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The MAACO reviews for paint and workmanship are not good. I wonder if they offer the option of an upgrade or if their is a high quality auto body franchise out there that does quality work. I couldn't see spending $2-3K for custom paint on a $6800 vehicle.
That about 'wraps ' it up.....;)

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yellow is just an ugly color in general. It drives me crazy when someone paints a chevelle or nice car yellow over a nice red or mulsanne blue.

There wouldn't be enough interest for yellow imo.

That orange does look sharp though on the Elio.

Interesting. I feel the same about orange as you about yellow.

I like yellow and had a yellow Nissan truck with all the yellow accessories. (seat covers, steering wheel, pressure gages, etc.)

I'm new to Elio having just discovered its existence this week.

I'm leaning toward the blue, or the black. I'm not a fan of the candy colors either. If I go with the black it will be with intent to paint body shell a deep burgundy (leaving wheel hubs & rear black portion {what would you call that portion} black) at earliest opportunity.

Had yellow been available, then yes, I would have considered it.

I like the 'bronze' someone mentioned. Gonna have to think on that one a bit.

-sterling

DailyLunatic

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Driving 35 miles on US 65 yesterday and I saw at least 3 or 4 Yellow cars. The total number of cars I saw may have been 300, so I would guess that about 1 percent of the cars out there are yellow. May be some of you can do an impromptu survey as well over the weekend.:)

When my Daughter was younger, she and I would play 'Yellow Car'. One point each if called out first. School busses, taxies, and construction vehicles earned negative points if mistakenly called out.

-sterling

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My take on yellow. I've owned one yellow car in my lifetime. I would buy a yellow three wheeler primarily for higher visibility. Arcimoto offered to wrap the SRK any custom color I choose. I live in a busy high traffic downtown environment, flanked by large parking lots and I didn't see one yellow vehicle today. Hence, not a very popular color in the big scheme of things and simply may not warrant dedicated paint booth space.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Once you own a yellow car is when you'll begin to see them.
It's just like limited run vehicles; before you own one, you won't see another anywhere; once you take possession within a short time you'll see 5 to 10 a week. It's like your mind filters out certain items and colors until you have it around often.

Top Bottom