• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Happened To Yellow?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, if not more. Some of the price is the material a big part is labor; they're not that easy to put on (correctly).
You do have to do some prep to the vehicle; clean and de-wax it, remove some items that get in the way (emblems, mirrors, sometimes door handles, and anything else that is attached to the body) once that's done, wipe it down again, then start laying out the big pieces. Remember the sheets are flat, and the car has curves; so you have to heat and pull and stretch and pull it up, heat, pull and stretch again, squeegee it out, once the main part is done, you have to tuck and trim and hide edges; and you have to do this over the whole car. When that's done, you have to put all the stuff you took off back on; wrap the little stuff (that always takes time) when done, seal any exposed edges, fix little bumps, and so on.
I've been quote $2,200.00 to $2,700.00 to do a small car; but that was wit them doing one hell of a mark up.

It's almost more work than a new complete paint job (If you go to Macco that is)

This is the way it should be, kudos EM!

image.gif

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. I feel the same about orange as you about yellow.

I like yellow and had a yellow Nissan truck with all the yellow accessories. (seat covers, steering wheel, pressure gages, etc.)

I'm new to Elio having just discovered its existence this week.

I'm leaning toward the blue, or the black. I'm not a fan of the candy colors either. If I go with the black it will be with intent to paint body shell a deep burgundy (leaving wheel hubs & rear black portion {what would you call that portion} black) at earliest opportunity.

Had yellow been available, then yes, I would have considered it.

I like the 'bronze' someone mentioned. Gonna have to think on that one a bit.

-sterling
We Americans are spoiled and will have our personal colors if but just a statement of our independence! I'm still stuck on the idea the Elio's similarity to an airplane In line cockpit and all. I don't what a sun roof because of leak hazard and maintenance. I would, however love to find someone with a wrap to simulate the cabin roof top to look like the canopy of a fighter plane. Seems there would be a color marking scheme to simulate a clear canopy on top without out actually being clear. Seems airplane modelers had a color scheme to simulate clear canopy.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio should think about frequent modder discounts or other incentives. Get 5% off E-Plus purchases up to $500, 10% off for $501-2000, and 15% for $2000+. Let's keep those aftermarket folks cranking out the Elio eye candy.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I still think it would be interesting if you could order your Elio in one color and the hood, fenders and rear hatch in another color. It would only cost EM a little labor but they could charge a couple hundred and make a nice profit.

I would love that ...... In fact , if buying replacement fenders is an option , I might want to add red fenders on a black Elio . Or a black hood on an Orange Elio making for a Harley theme . Ahhhh the possibilities :D

Top Bottom