• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Between my all-in reservation and ELIO stock holdings, I'm indebted to this project for $3,000. I certainly would still buy the vehicle if my reservation number came up in the production sequence.

Thanks to dollar-cost averaging, I'd break even if the stock value hit just under $7/share. If the stock hit upwards of $35/share, I'd have enough unrealized gains to sell and use the profits to pay for my new Elio. I personally think this is still an achievable possibility, especially given how the stock valuation hovered around $19-22/share for months without being in production or generating any revenues.

That said, if someone else was inclined to walk away and sell their investments for a loss, and in turn deduct those losses from their taxable income, my unprofessional inference is simply acknowledging that many filers should sell on or before 12/31/2017. If they wait until the 2018 tax year, they may find themselves unable to deduct those losses as a result of not having enough deductions for itemization to beat out taking the newly enacted standard deduction.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I see the stock is down to about $3.50 ending yesterday. I also saw where someone was selling 1500 shares. I might jump back in if the price gets down into the $2.00 range. Maybe in a few weeks.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Between my all-in reservation and ELIO stock holdings, I'm indebted to this project for $3,000. I certainly would still buy the vehicle if my reservation number came up in the production sequence.

Thanks to dollar-cost averaging, I'd break even if the stock value hit just under $7/share. If the stock hit upwards of $35/share, I'd have enough unrealized gains to sell and use the profits to pay for my new Elio. I personally think this is still an achievable possibility, especially given how the stock valuation hovered around $19-22/share for months without being in production or generating any revenues.

That said, if someone else was inclined to walk away and sell their investments for a loss, and in turn deduct those losses from their taxable income, my unprofessional inference is simply acknowledging that many filers should sell on or before 12/31/2017. If they wait until the 2018 tax year, they may find themselves unable to deduct those losses as a result of not having enough deductions for itemization to beat out taking the newly enacted standard deduction.

Capital Gains/Losses are distinct from whether or not you itemize or take the standard deduction. You have to declare them regardless. You benefit from a potential lower tax rate for those holdings you keep over a year. For losses, you can claim up to $5000/year and carryovers are allowed if you exceed that loss. Those losses can be applied to future tax return filings.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isn't OTCQB a step backward from the OTCQX? Wasn't Elio previously traded on the "x?"

Yeah, they were traded previously on OTCQX: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/otc-markets-group-welcomes-elio-motors-to-otcqx-300222864.html

And it does look like a downgrade according to these definitions: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/070513/otcbb-and-otc-markets-group.asp

With the lack of news and current financial status of being on life support, it would make more sense that they were just downgraded due to lack of finances instead of this being prep for NASDAQ listing. Of course I am no expert, but I cannot see how it would be better for NASDAQ listing to be traded on the OTCQB vs OTCQX.

If there is an upside to being listed on the OTCQB, can someone share it? I would think it would actually be better to be listed on the OTCQX since it means you have some sort of backing, vs. OTCQB where "there are no financial requirements for listing".

Top Bottom