• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last year I bought and then later sold my stock in Elio. Made enough profit to pay my all-in deposit of $100. Not much, but I was even. It just didn't look like Elio was making any financing progress. Now it is looking much better. So yesterday I bough some stock again.

Still would like to know the financial benefits of stock vs. Eliocoin.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last year I bought and then later sold my stock in Elio. Made enough profit to pay my all-in deposit of $100. Not much, but I was even. It just didn't look like Elio was making any financing progress. Now it is looking much better. So yesterday I bough some stock again.

Still would like to know the financial benefits of stock vs. Eliocoin.
It's all in the eyes of the beholder... accredited investors are a much smaller group and not all big money investors are accredited.

Moi...not big money, not accredited. That crazy uncle...big money, also not accredited!

Last edited:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can buy the stock, but I don't think you can buy into Eliocoin, that is for investors only (aka BIG $)

JonesTrading Institutional Services LLC is acting as the placement agent for the pre-sale which will continue through October 15th, with the company reserving the right to extend or terminate the pre-sale at its sole discretion. Units in the pre-sale offering are constituted of ElioCoin Tokens and Series E preferred equity convertible at $10 per share. Following the pre-sale, Elio plans to launch a more broadly marketed main sale of the ElioCoin. This sale will be conducted in the same spirit as the company’s long-stated goal of building a vehicle affordable to a wide range of consumers. Details on the main sale will be forthcoming after the conclusion of the pre-sale. As currently planned, the main sale will also be conducted pursuant to Regulation D of the Securities Act.

Ray O

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am very excited about the new engine. I not sure what this will mean in MPG but I believe it will not be much different than before. JUst look at Corvettes get mot than 25 MPG and the are heave with 450 HP. I always wondered why Elio didn't use a proven engine. It makes good sense, just my opinion. The HP to weight will be great. I may even give up my Motorcycle for it. Go Elio.

i

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always wondered why Elio didn't use a proven engine.

I gave my lists of "I always wondered why" plus I even asked Elio employees these question when I looked at the car at two shows:

Q: Why don't you use an existing engine?
A: The Elio engine is special and designed specifically to get up to 84 mpg. No other company makes an engine that will work for the Elio.

Q: Why don't you use a unibody instead of a tube frame chassis? You already own a massive steel stamping operation and nobody makes a cheap tube frame car.
A: The tube frame chassis will incorporate a roll cage and we can make it as cheap as a unibody.

Q: Why don't you use a traditional instrument cluster because the Elgin one looks like it's very difficult to read?
A: The Elgin instrument cluster will be the only one used because it's a personal touch Paul is doing because of his father. Plus, we have only got positive feedback on it and it's not difficult to read at all.

Interesting part is, I bet everyone in Detroit told Elio to not use a tube frame, don't use your own engine and that dash is not user friendly at all, thus the reason why nobody uses that design. I do have a pretty good feeling that there will be something that's going to happen with those front fenders too. Those are going to be a real problem when the general public starts driving and logging lots of miles on them. Nobody here will have an issue because everyone here is a better driver, but as for everyone else, not the case. There's a reason why street cars do not use a fender design like that. Someone in Detroit has had to of told Elio about the potential issues with it.

Top Bottom