• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
D5C82329-3B3A-4540-B835-41754ABADC8A.jpeg
Here’s something of interest for those individuals that follow Elio stock prices.

The tZERO trading platform is now live.

Investors paid $10 for the initial tZERO token offering in 2018.

On February 4th the bid price was only $3.15 for tZERO tokens.

Patrick Byrne is founder of tZERO and the financial architect of ElioCoin.

I would say the future of ElioCoin looks a bit hazy based on current tZERO token prices.

Last edited:

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking something similar. Tzero isn't based on anything even more so than the ElioCoin being based on maybe something. What they need is something established to kick start. Something small enough to need it but just big enough to have a name. Lyft would be a perfect size. Maybe they can fluff Elio up to get interest. ---edit--- my point was that investors aren't interested in tzero because they have no reason to be yet. It's just crypto currency right now no matter how much it claims not to be

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I watch a handful of stocks and last Friday all went down a small percentage except two. Elio and Overstock both went up. However, none of them are moving up on a gradual basis except Enphase. Everything else is just slowly swinging up and down. All of them are in a position to move up, once good news breaks. When Eliocoin becomes available, Elio stock should go up, I also expect Overstock and Alpine to go up too. Some of the other stocks I watch are raw material (mining) and probably will not have much change for another year or two. Out of all these stocks, Enphase is the most likely to show a significant gain shortly as they are focused and growing. Their IQ8 due out soon will probably be a major contributor.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a thought provoking ElioCoin press release from 2018.

My best guess is that the ElioCoin offing was canceled due to lack of investor interest during the pre-sale period.

Or maybe the ElicoCoin never received SEC approval.

"JonesTrading Institutional Services LLC is acting as the placement agent for the pre-sale which will continue through October 15th, with the company reserving the right to extend or terminate the pre-sale at its sole discretion. Units in the pre-sale offering are constituted of ElioCoin Tokens and Series E preferred equity convertible at $10 per share. Following the pre-sale, Elio plans to launch a more broadly marketed main sale of the ElioCoin. This sale will be conducted in the same spirit as the company's long-stated goal of building a vehicle affordable to a wide range of consumers. Details on the main sale will be forthcoming after the conclusion of the pre-sale. As currently planned, the main sale will also be conducted pursuant to Regulation D of the Securities Act."

"Neither the ElioCoin nor the Series E have been registered under the Securities Act and neither may be offered or sold in the U.S. absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements. In addition, as a condition to the sale of the Series E, the company has agreed to file a re-sale registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for purposes of registering the re-sale of the shares of common stock issuable upon conversion of the Series E."

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To me it's pretty straightforward. Elio is struggling at raising money As of today this is what they are dealing with:

1. Legacy decisions that have let to an increased amount of debt that will have to be paid and then paid on a monthly basis when the back payments are paid. That means, the lease on the plant, payments on the machinery they bought and the 1500 local jobs creation contract. No matter what Elio did in the past, these will have to be paid up to date when money is received.

2. Legacy decision with the reservations. We've already covered how much money this will cost Elio motors when they fulfill these reservations. This will be when Elio will have the highest manufacturing costs because they are a brand new manufacturer with a brand new product.

3. Recent SEC filing that covers the new powertrain, timeline and funding needed. Without that, it's just a guess. SEC filings that are from June 2018 are no good anymore. No reason why Elio shouldn't have it out now as waiting until May is not helping them at all.

No matter what Elio did in the past and if you sweep it away, these three issues still exist and will not go away. Elio could do this:

1. Bankruptcy. All contracts from the past are done, all assets get sold. Then someone can take the assets and start again fresh.

2. Renegotiate all of the contracts. This will mean the current three that are drawing on the company and the 65K reservation holders.

3. Wait for the Eliocoin to fund the company.

At this point, #3 seems like the only choice they have to make everyone happy. #1 and #2 will make for lots of upset people but #1 would get the company going. It would be nice for Paul to show his face as we have not seen him since May and this is turning into another one of those "Where's Paul" like we had back in 2017. 65K investors with reservations and a number of stockholders would like to see the face of the company that has his name. He owes it to them.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Legacy decisions that have let to an increased amount of debt that will have to be paid and then paid on a monthly basis when the back payments are paid. That means, the lease on the plant, payments on the machinery they bought and the 1500 local jobs creation contract. No matter what Elio did in the past, these will have to be paid up to date when money is received.

Elio motors has never demonstrated proper fiscal management.

They’ve spent over $100 million of investor money with very little to show for it.

My best guess is Paul got a little to big for his britches.

In business, dreams and reality sometimes collide.

All that being said, I still hope the Elio reaches limited production.

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From a Seeking Alpha article:

The stakes have arguably never been higher for Overstock (OSTK), as February may shake out to be one of the most important months in the company's history. We could see a conclusion to two major catalyst events this month: First, the company is expected to announce a sale of the retail business; and second, the GSR investment in tZero is set to close at the end of the month. If one and or both of these events occur, the stock could see 100% gains to the upside in the near term.

If these things happen, then hopefully Elio will happen soon too. Lets hope.

hkwinger

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Elio motors has never demonstrated proper fiscal management.

They’ve spent over $100 million of investor money with very little to show for it.

My best guess is Paul got a little to big for his britches.

In business, dreams and reality sometimes collide.

All that being said, I still hope the Elio reaches limited production.

I truly hope that this vehicle comes to market, but my research and business sense leads me to believe that will not, at least in its current form. I find it hard to believe that they blew through that type of money. A quick review of their SEC filings is staggering, almost alarming. According to their own numbers, they have raised over 100 million (including money from potential customers for reservation numbers) but spent 250 million. Whats alarming is what that money was actually spent on. It looks like millions went to Elio employee salaries as well as tens of millions went to sales and marketing. This is very unusual for a startup company without a product to sell. My main concern is the 100 million they said went to engineering costs. It looks like a significant portion of that went to an engineering company owned by the same owners of Elio, but that company is private, so they don't have to report where the money went. According to the report, up to 20 million was given to this engineering firm with under 10 employees so its hard to imagine they could burn through that money that quickly. Another concern that I discovered is that the address that they filed with the SEC as a corporate office is a virtual business address, I was unaware that you could do that. Basically the company has no infrastructure to speak of.

Generally, investors like to see the principals financial benefits to be inline with the success of the product. Many CEO's will take no pay and get compensated with mostly stock futures. It doesn't seem like this was the case with the formation of Elio. While it is true that if this company does make it, the principals will have a huge benefit, it seems like they still benefited exceptionally well without producing a product. While this may have been unintentional, it still raises concerns about company leadership.

My only point fo all of this information is that anyone (including myself) who is looking at investing in Elio, whether it be via a reservation, investing in stock, or buying ElioCoin, would be very hard pressed to throw anymore money at this project considering its current leadership and their previous actions. I started to research Elio to decide whether or not to invest in this project. I truly believe would be a game changer if it could be realized. Unfortunately, I don't think that Elio will have any success raising anymore money based on the information that I have discovered in public records . If they truly want to change the world, they will need to think of a different strategy, including new leadership.

Reactions: Elf
Top Bottom