• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
According to their own numbers, they have raised over 100 million (including money from potential customers for reservation numbers) but spent 250 million.

It's common knowledge that I go over the Elio SEC filings but this is what I see for what they spent since they were filing:
How much they spent:
2013: $9.9M
2014: $14.9M
2015: $13.1M
2016: $40.3M
2017: $3.7M
2018: $2.8M (up to June 30, 2018)
Total: $84.7M

I see that they spent $84.7M from 2013 to June, 30 2018. I don't know where the $250M comes from because it's not in the SEC filings. As of June 30, 2017, $62.3 million has been invested in vehicle engineering and development, of which $26.3 million was in the form of shares of common stock granted and the assumption of liabilities of Elio Engineering, Inc. As for pay, I find Paul got paid $500K over two years. Hari, $350K over two years and Connie $325K. over two years for a total of $1,175,000. As for the rest of the Elio employees, it's not listed. In addition to this, they raised a total of $26.5M in non refundable reservations and $15.7M in the IPO.

As for the cash flow, Elio was never going to raise enough through reservations due to it coming in too slow. The IPO did not raise enough money either. Yes, Elio spent lots on marketing and lobbyists but if they spent 10% of that, they would only be further along by a bit. Not enough to make a difference from today.

Yes, Elio was spending more than was coming in and the day of reckoning was the end of 2016 and we have seen the results. The amount needed today is still way in excess over what they have spent so far. This is why I look at it as they never made it to halfway when it comes to what they have spent as to what they need to spend to hit the finish line. If we take the $531M needed and subtracted the $125M because of the off the shelf powertrain, we are still at $406M and even if the ATVM loan was approved right now, that would still be $231M short. As for the $376M that was quoted, that was assuming $110M coming in on non refundable reservation and the $44M in profit from the first 65K reservations (which we already went over how much that is costing them).

For Elio, this is a challenge and the numbers they are presenting don't lie. I don't see this as a scam or a gross mismanagement of money. I see it differently and have spoken my word as to why, in the past. No need to go over it again. Change of business plan is in order and with Pat that already got Paul to start moving in the right direction, we need him to give him a big shove and thus, Elio can become a reality.

hkwinger

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I hope you are correct. From my point of view I see it as an uphill battle. We agree that they have raised over 100M in cash and have no money left on the balance sheet. In fact, they have a liability (debt) of 100M as of 2017 which any future investor will need to consider. My point is that if they plan to raise the remaining 300+ million that Paul has said it will take to bring the Elio to production, they must to do things drastically different moving forward. I just don't see Elio being an attractive investment unless something fundamentally changes. I hope people with far deeper pockets than my own feel differently.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's all sunk costs now. What matters is pretty simple, how much does Elio need, when will they get to production (which answers the revenue question) and when will they get to cash flow positive. If the answer to those three questions becomes something positive, then the rest is just speculation (i.e. How well will the hard sales be?). It's no different than opening a restaurant and looking for investors. All we can do is wait for Elio to move. Until then, we can theorize till the chickens come home.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BABE98BC-9074-4709-BB9C-F7EF59BD5732.jpeg
Friday, February 15th quote.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another Tesla. I just don't get it.
What we need is an affordable $15-20K Tesla Model 3Wheeler for the average everyday urban commuter. A stylish, narrow, tandom 2 seater, fully enclosed, long range, high performance commuter vehicle competition for the Arcimoto FUV and EMV SOLO.....and Elio if/when delivered.

Note: I called Tesla Seattle last December for information regarding a Model X purchase or lease, wanting to take advantage of the full EV tax credit, and got no call back. I followed that up with an email to the Company and got no response. The initial contact experience was far from meeting my expectations of what I thought would be an award winning customer relations experience.

Last edited:

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll never know as I'm poor. That's why Rivian confuses me though. Tesla is there already. Amazon should invest in something different. Too many people want the same customer.

Amazon is smart enough to understand where the North America vehicle market is headed.

Here’s are some interesting data with regards to future light truck sales volume.

“In its annual "Car Wars" report, Bank of America Merrill Lynch forecasts that 71 percent of vehicle introductions in the 2019 through 2022 model years will be light trucks.”

"There's definitely further growth ahead," Jeff Schuster, president of LMC Automotive's Americas operation, said of pickups, SUVs and crossovers. He said trucks could account for 75 to 80 percent of U.S. light-vehicle sales by 2025.”

Plug-in pickups are a huge growth opportunity!

Can’t wait to own one!

Top Bottom