• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I would still buy an Elio today if available. Hands down. Good chance I would buy two - just so I’d have drive time in the first one. Wouldn’t want to fight my wife and grown kids over the keys.

Could buy two Elios (maybe 3?) for the price of the cheapest electric car - and still have money left over for gas....

Me to. Like I said, I have a long commute so it still makes sense. Cheapest EV is around 30K but those cars will make more sense to more people than the Elio will these days. There is also a robust used EV and Hybrid market now. When the Elio came out, the Tesla Roadster was $100k and made no sense for normal folk. Prices have dropped to half that, charge stations popping up everywhere so its way more viable for many people compared to when the Elio was first announced in 2009. In other words you and I would be exceptions not the rule.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just asking… why is there a robust used EV and Hybrid market now? Some (many) folks trading before the vehicles start costing a ton in repairs?

I suspect it'll take a few more years before EV completely rules the world. IF they'd get the Elio in my hands – I'd certainly get my money's worth out of the vehicle (several times over) before IC is made obsolete.

As I've said before – I've sat in the Elio a few times. It's a cross between a car, motorcycle and plane while being highly affordable. After 10 years – there's still nothing quite like it on the road. No offense to the other 3 wheelers' fans….

With 100hp it should be an absolute blast…. only thing that might be better, is if it leaned.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just asking… why is there a robust used EV and Hybrid market now? Some (many) folks trading before the vehicles start costing a ton in repairs?

I suspect it'll take a few more years before EV completely rules the world. IF they'd get the Elio in my hands – I'd certainly get my money's worth out of the vehicle (several times over) before IC is made obsolete.

As I've said before – I've sat in the Elio a few times. It's a cross between a car, motorcycle and plane while being highly affordable. After 10 years – there's still nothing quite like it on the road. No offense to the other 3 wheelers' fans….

With 100hp it should be an absolute blast…. only thing that might be better, is if it leaned.
A leaning Elio would be the ultimate ride. Reminds me of my favorite three wheeler concept the Lynx e-Carver electric:

You description of Elio is perfect and that was based on a test sit. I felt the same about my Arcimoto test drive.......car,motorcycle, and Rocketship!

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AH … The Carver!!

I lost track of it. I didn't realize they were trying to bring it back. You're right…. THAT is one heck of a vehicle! I used to dream about that thing. I bet at least half the bike riders in the country would purchase a Carver for the wet days. ;)

It's a crime the Carver hasn't been on the roads. Maybe they'll get it out yet. I hope so! (With it being enclosed and with belts, I m-i-g-h-t could talk my wife into one of them. lol (According to her, my bike days are over. Period.)

I can certainly understand your enthusiasm about the Archimoto. I have no doubt it will be a blast to drive. May be the next best thing to a bike – without being a bike. The styling is top drawer. I hope I can see one in the near future….

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was a CarverOne fan. There was plans for a Carver USA distributor, but obviously never happened. I had email discussions with Lynx Motors regarding the Lynx I.C.E and electric versions, but they ran into funding issues, plus the $43K msrp would have been a deal breaker. As I recall, about 300 original Carvers hit the roads. Also, followed VentureOne/Persu for years, but they couldn’t get beyond a styrofoam shell prototype.

It’s always best to listen to our wives. :) If you get the opportunity, test drive the Arcimoto and let me know what you think from a Biker’s point of view.

Last edited:

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

In my experience, most are early adopters and on their second EV upgrading trim, mileage, and charge options. Also, with little actual evidence other than anecdotal, the used EV's seem to be in better shape mechanically than the ICE. Whats really odd is I don't know anybody who has had to change out a batter pack or inverter yet. Those were huge boogeymen in years past. Again, Im sure it happened to someone somewhere sometime....twice ;) .

Is it Nissan thats taking the old batteries and putting them in popup campers now? Go figure.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll never know as I'm poor. That's why Rivian confuses me though. Tesla is there already. Amazon should invest in something different. Too many people want the same customer.
The Rivian starting price is a LOT lower than the price for my truck. Optioned up, the Rivian should still be available for less than $80k which is in the range of a well-optioned F150 ($70,980). Rivian won't be a huge premium over established vehicles and could offer Amazon a great platform for delivery vehicles. Tesla has announced they will build a pickup but it hasn't made it's debut yet. This makes Rivan quite the bargain right now and could put a serious dent into Ford/GM/Chrysler's bread and butter. Because, really, if someone is dropping close to $80,000 on a truck already, going electric isn't really a stretch. These aren't typically budget shoppers we are talking about. It'd be a lot harder to make the leap from a cheap sedan to an electric vehicle than from an expensive pickup to an electric pickup of similar cost.

Burg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Rivian starting price is a LOT lower than the price for my truck. Optioned up, the Rivian should still be available for less than $80k which is in the range of a well-optioned F150 ($70,980). Rivian won't be a huge premium over established vehicles and could offer Amazon a great platform for delivery vehicles. Tesla has announced they will build a pickup but it hasn't made it's debut yet. This makes Rivan quite the bargain right now and could put a serious dent into Ford/GM/Chrysler's bread and butter. Because, really, if someone is dropping close to $80,000 on a truck already, going electric isn't really a stretch. These aren't typically budget shoppers we are talking about. It'd be a lot harder to make the leap from a cheap sedan to an electric vehicle than from an expensive pickup to an electric pickup of similar cost.

Huh.....My 2019 F-150 super cab 4x4 with 5.0 v8 and the Max trailer tow package was MSRP at $41.1K. Rivian is way out of range for me. A $70K F150 must be fully equipped with gold trim. :bounce:

mkiker2089

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, 80 is a ton for a truck and the Rivian will likely be less optioned than an 80k F150.

As for used electrics, it's only a matter of time before the range starts dropping dramatically on them. Battery technology is getting better everyday though and the prices are coming down.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, 80 is a ton for a truck and the Rivian will likely be less optioned than an 80k F150.

As for used electrics, it's only a matter of time before the range starts dropping dramatically on them. Battery technology is getting better everyday though and the prices are coming down.
True. But, that $80K F150 has no drivers aides or self driving capabilities other than Lane Keep and advanced cruise control. The Rivian will be much more capable than the current F150 is. (and the Silverado and Ram) It'll be interesting to see how the "Big 3" react once the Rivian is being built. There's no way the Rivian will completely kill the other trucks but if it starts eating into their profits, you'll see some fast action, I'll bet.

Top Bottom