• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’d like to believe that Paul went into this with good intentions, I believe Paul is a lousy businessman and probably an average, to below average ‘engineer,’ but that’s not a judgment as much as an editorial. There are many other qualities that he may have that outweigh those two. The scenario I see, is Paul first slowly discovering that ‘success’ doesn’t necessarily have to include making the vehicle. He learns a little from Stu about ‘wealth creation’ and a little from Hari; both leveraging real estate and some manufacturing equipment, and also learns that the ATVM loan ‘possibilities’ alone are enough to generate interest among some buyers and investors. They ‘outsource’ engineering services to themselves as ESG Engineering and arguably overcharge for either unnecessary and/or almost immediately obsolete designs. Paul has a bit of an ego and wants to also try for a new engine: no one is concerned as this allows more ‘churn’ and latitude with costs and places to ‘spend’ money. Slowly they realize that it’s getting more and more obvious that the numbers and projections just don’t add up, and as the ‘clock runs out’, there is nothing ‘Advanced Technology.’

They tried to associate themselves all along with ‘partners’ in the form of ‘Letters of Intent’ (which mean very little) and some bigger players like Roush (and that other company they owed millions to but settled for like $80,000). But all that slowly dissolved and none of the ‘partners’ ever mentioned Elio. The ATVM carrot is always ‘out there,’ and Hari, in particular, knows it’s a big draw to the Elio Interested that it’s mere possibility is a compelling marketing tool. They know they can always say ‘other funding is being pursued.’

They also know that any public disclosure from the DoE regarding the ATVM loan’s true status (which was never good) is not for public consumption: this I believe became the main component of their ‘business plan’ rather early on.

Those comments from the assemblers say it all, the mantra was probably ‘just coast and count the money we got, we’re not getting much more, but let this play out and it will just die on the vine, we get too greedy and we’ll lose any credibility: we did everything we could!’

Of course, this is merely my interpretation of a possible chain of events (although maybe not in order and lots of overlapping) and is meant as pure fiction, for entertainment purposes only!!
The ATVM loan, contrary to it's name, did not require any Advanced Technology but rather only required development of a vehicle that would get a certain percentage better mileage than others. The Elio met THAT requirement handily.

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ATVM loan, contrary to it's name, did not require any Advanced Technology but rather only required development of a vehicle that would get a certain percentage better mileage than others. The Elio met THAT requirement handily.

Sorry Ty, but the Elio only gets 84mpg on paper. It has never been proven to get any kind of great mileage. If I remember correctly, the loan also required production to have started. Elio doesn't even have a finished prototype.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Ty, but the Elio only gets 84mpg on paper. It has never been proven to get any kind of great mileage. If I remember correctly, the loan also required production to have started. Elio doesn't even have a finished prototype.

It didn't matter that they only operated on paper or that they weren't financially secure. People here kept getting hung up on those two "facts". Elio, throughout their documents, showed they would turn a profit which met the requirements. Also, computer modeling is approved method for showing MPG prior to establishing a manufacturing plant... which the ATVM loan can be used for.

Here's a tidbit that I'll bet is news to most here:

The ATVM Project is still alive!!!! They just issued new guidance in May of 2019!

ATVM Project

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the ATVM loan was great, Elio had no chance in getting it (just like the 100 or so other applicants). The modeling shows Elio can get the mileage but the DOE could ask for real world testing. So, that’s what I’d want to see if I was looking for loan criteria. As we all know, Elio can’t pay for a blog writer, thus they could not pay the loan back if needed. The ATVM Loan Ship has sailed unless they start paying Hari $150K per year to keep it going. Where’s that money going to come from?

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, the ATVM loan was great, Elio had no chance in getting it (just like the 100 or so other applicants). The modeling shows Elio can get the mileage but the DOE could ask for real world testing. So, that’s what I’d want to see if I was looking for loan criteria. As we all know, Elio can’t pay for a blog writer, thus they could not pay the loan back if needed. The ATVM Loan Ship has sailed unless they start paying Hari $150K per year to keep it going. Where’s that money going to come from?

I guess it’s pretty obvious that the ‘new’ engine didn’t pan out fuel efficiency-wise. Modeling, or dyno, or track testing, let’s just say 55 to 65 were the real numbers. A narrow profile, lighter, two seater, with a smaller engine (and a tiny luggage area) with a ‘footprint’ that offers zero traffic or parking benefit is ultimately no better than numerous 4 door- 4-5 occupant, cars, hatchbacks, and stationwagons already marketed...

As smitten as we are with the Elio concept would we want our tax money loaned out for this? If it’s merit is a question, and private money never materialized, who’d want to make a loan?

I maintain (IMHO) Paul and Hari knew this much earlier than anyone would like to admit.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
all around here are not smitten with the concept....
In this context, not all but a good 90% were smitten with Elio. There were people making long trips just to see the Elio for the 3rd or 4th time even though they already had one or two SIL's. Many made their own shirts and bumper stickers. Many more formed their own facebook groups and even did meetups. All of this while not even having the product in hand or never knowing if they were ever going go get it. I can see if you already own the product and are using it, but in the end, this was lots of support for a product that never existed. People are still smitten with the Aptera, yet here we are 8 years after it went belly up.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully big news in the blog today.
futurama-fry-should-i-lol-or-roflmao.jpg

Top Bottom