• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Follow the money and see how in the short term some of the people will try shorts in the thousands of shares! This desperate attempt at a buck shouldn't include deceptive and misleading stuff. This whole issue of of funding revolves around the ATVM loan, EM needs to prove 75 mpg highway in real world testing to get the loan, am I right? Know I read that somewhere...
You'd have to see the Contract or Legislation to know with certainty. Too many people fail to understand the difference between absolute requirements and goals and insist they are the same. Reporters no longer take pride in accuracy, thinking only in terms of being first, regardless of accuracy.

But a contract or legislation sets rules and sometimes even a perscribed test on how to meet those rules. They are of course subject to amendment when both parties see it in their interest to do so.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to be argumentative but, I don't think any of us really know what is holding up the ATVM loan.
And on a personal basis, I think the people at the DOE might be hard pressed to explain the legal reasoning for their delaying tactics if the GAO were to audit them.
Politics usually control more than the GAO when it comes to the Government. The politicians will survey their contributors to see what they want and tell the DOE what to do.

Political risk is far more important than mere financial risk.

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
999a.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to be argumentative but, I don't think any of us really know what is holding up the ATVM loan.
And on a personal basis, I think the people at the DOE might be hard pressed to explain the legal reasoning for their delaying tactics if the GAO were to audit them.
It's not argumentative to share opinion based on assumption. I think it's realistic to ass.u.me to know. We ass.u.me most everything else regarding the Elio's production status. I'm happy the DoE sees merit in EM's application and is waiting on EM's production prototype build 75 + mpg verification and perhaps the required financial documentation indicating that the low interest ATVM loan can be repaid if or when approved. MPG is easy............... guaranteeing production and the resulting sales revenue needed to repay the current debt load along with any new ATVM loan debt is far more difficult. The on hold status is certainly way better than a flat out denial. EM would prefer it to alternative funding sources, but doesn't need it to start production.

I've said this before .....If the Elio was electric , the ATVM loan would have sailed through . Kudos to PE for not bending to soft coercion .
If the Elio was an EV it wouldn't matter..........New vehicle startup ATVM loans have not been granted and on hold since the Fisker and Aptera failures.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From page 4 of the 1-U filed in Feb. 2016.
Sounds like mpg is good, just need to prove they can repay the loan.
(bold from me)

Elio Motors has completed the first stage by submitting an application for a loan of approximately $185 million, the proceeds of which would be used to partly fund the purchase of equipment and equipment installation into the Shreveport facility prior to and ramp up after the start of production. As of January 15, 2015, the Department of Energy (DOE) has confirmed that the Company has achieved the technical criteria for the loan. Due diligence has been pending upon the confirmation of the Company’s financial backing, which includes the proceeds from the Regulation A offering.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From page 4 of the 1-U filed in Feb. 2016.
Sounds like mpg is good, just need to prove they can repay the loan.
(bold from me)

Elio Motors has completed the first stage by submitting an application for a loan of approximately $185 million, the proceeds of which would be used to partly fund the purchase of equipment and equipment installation into the Shreveport facility prior to and ramp up after the start of production. As of January 15, 2015, the Department of Energy (DOE) has confirmed that the Company has achieved the technical criteria for the loan. Due diligence has been pending upon the confirmation of the Company’s financial backing, which includes the proceeds from the Regulation A offering.

Isn't it sad that the people evaluating Elio's financial viability are part of an organization that is $19 trillion in the hole. In over their heads and haven't figured that when you are in a hole over your head, the first rule is Stop Digging!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Isn't it sad that the people evaluating Elio's financial viability are part of an organization that is $19 trillion in the hole. In over their heads and haven't figured that when you are in a hole over your head, the first rule is Stop Digging!
What? Isn't that exactly what the DoE is doing in being more cautious to make sure that ATVM loans can be repaid? I personally feel they are both in over their heads in debt, and both are asking for even more financial support from the taxpayers. The fact that we want one to support the other without some validation makes no sense. The DoE Loan Program has been profitable for the taxpayer. Go DoElio if/when they meet the ATVM requirements.

I'm not sad, I'm glad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom