• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"dilution" happens as discrete announced events when they sell new securities (aka stocks). Since ownership of the company is divided evenly amongst the stocks, selling new ones "dilutes" the value of a stock by spreading the ownership across more shares.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you read all the small print when purchasing stock during their Start Engine campaign, you would have seen that EM expected the $12 shares to be immediately diluted upon IPO. It was actually quite a shock that it went up as high as it did ($70 area, if I remember correctly), and then stayed in the $20 region for quite a while.

As long as you hold onto those stocks, you haven't truely "lost" anything at all, unless EM folds and goes out of business. Low prices are an excellent time to buy if you have the cash and the faith, but otherwise they are no big deal. The only losers are the folks who panic and sell low.
The stock went up to 75 and E
If you read all the small print when purchasing stock during their Start Engine campaign, you would have seen that EM expected the $12 shares to be immediately diluted upon IPO. It was actually quite a shock that it went up as high as it did ($70 area, if I remember correctly), and then stayed in the $20 region for quite a while.

As long as you hold onto those stocks, you haven't truely "lost" anything at all, unless EM folds and goes out of business. Low prices are an excellent time to buy if you have the cash and the faith, but otherwise they are no big deal. The only losers are the folks who panic and sell low.
The stock went to 75 and in the September filing EM stated that they may have to reduce their spending or halt this project altogether.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Playing the Stock Market is Legalized Gambling, only put into it what you can afford to lose.
And as other have said time and time again, if you're that nervous about your money, DON'T WATCH IT EVERYDAY.
It is a long term investment
I think what others and I are concerned about is constant delays after time and time again dates being moved and the last one broadcasted over an interview for 2018. THEN THE BIG NOSE DIVE!

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I am active in the stock market, but I have been staying away from Elio stock until I feel more confident that production will actually happen. I almost bought some in November when it was around $12, but then I decided to wait until after I saw the Elio in person at the LA Auto Show. After the show, my confidence in Elio tanked quite a bit -mainly because of the extremely poor PR experience that I witnessed (even though I am still excited about the vehicle itself). So I never bought any stock because of that. And after that absolutely horrible CNBC interview last week, I was fully expecting the stock price to dive bomb even more. With the current price at a 52 week low in the sub $9's, it's VERY TEMPTING to jump in right now though. Especially given the fact that we are less than 1,500 reservations away from that elusive 65,000 reservation count number. Hmmm.....

MotorcycleKopp

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Care to elaborate?
His interview on CNBC's Power Lunch did not instill any amount of confidence or excitement at all for Elio Motors. If anything it just increased concern & disappointment for shareholders & reservation holders like us, due to yet another delayed production start date. I was hoping for some new positive news during that interview & at least some level of excitement in Paul because we are close(r) to production, but instead what I saw was a mostly expressionless, monotone, unexcited Paul with an annoyingly crooked tie. It definitely didn't make me (or anyone else, for that matter) want to go out & buy up shares of Elio stock.

See:
https://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-on-cnbc-12-27.8102/page-4#post-173974

Top Bottom