• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure articles like this don't help either:

Elio Motors further delays production in Shreveport; warns of potential shutdown

http://www.ktbs.com/story/34187485/elio-motors-further-delays-production-in-shreveport

Some highlights:

According to a recent SEC filing, Elio Motors has accrued over $123 million in debt, and has only $101,317 in the bank. The company originally promised production of vehicles to begin in 2015, but recently announced in the comments section on their Facebook page that 2018 is now their target year.

"Former Shreveport mayor Cedric Glover said those who have purchased reservations for a car, just need to realize it is money lost.

"Going into the fourth quarter this year, they only had $101,000 in cash on hand. So when you think about the actual amount of money that they've been expending, Paul Elio with a salary of over 250 thousand," said Glover.

"If you look at Paul Elio from 2009, certainly by the time you get to 2011 and 2012, it's clear that what he is in fact is a dreamer and a schemer. It leads one to ask, what was the actual motivation behind committing these facilities, this equipment to Paul Elio and the Elio operation," said Glover.

Despite the promise of eventual production, Elio warned of potential cease of operations due to financial strains in their recent SEC filing:

"These factors, among others, raise substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern. If we are unable to continue to obtain financing to meet our working capital requirements, we may have to curtail our business sharply or cease operations altogether.

That "cease operations altogether" is not a good sign.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMG_2306.PNG
His interview on CNBC's Power Lunch did not instill any amount of confidence or excitement at all for Elio Motors. If anything it just increased concern & disappointment for shareholders & reservation holders like us, due to yet another delayed production start date. I was hoping for some new positive news during that interview & at least some level of excitement in Paul because we are close(r) to production, but instead what I saw was a mostly expressionless, monotone, unexcited Paul with an annoyingly crooked tie. It definitely didn't make me (or anyone else, for that matter) want to go out & buy up shares of Elio stock.

See:
https://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-on-cnbc-12-27.8102/page-4#post-173974
I, for one,used the stock dive to buy more stock, and I did. I see one of three things happening. # 1 Elio fails and I lose over $ 5,000.00. # 2 Elio gets there loan, I get my car and it is paid for with the money that I made from the sell of my stock. # 3 I die while waiting for my toy! I am banking on # 2 !!!!!! P.S. I slept good last night.

L0gic

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to gift the stock? It's an inexpensive gift with many benefits to the recipient: self education if not already investing... Learning about the company a different way then, hey buy this, potential later value, etc....

I imagine gifting the stock, even a share at a time will do more in terms of ripple effect then my liking a Facebook post or following the company on linked in.

Reaction score
Well, The person you gift too will need a brokerage account. When I die, Hannah (the pretty one) will get my shares ... but Grandpa will be in charge. It will be in his name like everything goes to him. Hannah has been told she must keep her grades up and work toward a real goal (one Grandpa approves of). Even gifting a Elio reservation wasn't a good idea for me. So, I kept the gift in my name and just told Daughter about it. In order to get ownership of her L#17,748 she will to need to pay the balance off. Since she has done this with her last four vehicles it is just the way we do it. But, that's my house.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Elio Motors further delays production in Shreveport; warns of potential shutdown

http://www.ktbs.com/story/34187485/elio-motors-further-delays-production-in-shreveport

Some highlights:

According to a recent SEC filing, Elio Motors has accrued over $123 million in debt, and has only $101,317 in the bank. The company originally promised production of vehicles to begin in 2015, but recently announced in the comments section on their Facebook page that 2018 is now their target year.

"Former Shreveport mayor Cedric Glover said those who have purchased reservations for a car, just need to realize it is money lost.

"Going into the fourth quarter this year, they only had $101,000 in cash on hand. So when you think about the actual amount of money that they've been expending, Paul Elio with a salary of over 250 thousand," said Glover.

"If you look at Paul Elio from 2009, certainly by the time you get to 2011 and 2012, it's clear that what he is in fact is a dreamer and a schemer. It leads one to ask, what was the actual motivation behind committing these facilities, this equipment to Paul Elio and the Elio operation," said Glover.

Despite the promise of eventual production, Elio warned of potential cease of operations due to financial strains in their recent SEC filing:

"These factors, among others, raise substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern. If we are unable to continue to obtain financing to meet our working capital requirements, we may have to curtail our business sharply or cease operations altogether.

Quote: Former Mayor.... is not happy and his comments mean nothing to me

Some highlights:

Remember, this is from a BITTER former mayor and these EM quotes are taken from months ago.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Another car manufacturer has leased space there, and they probably would not have, if the deal with Elio had not done through.
EM has more than enough space, and the company who has their cars there are the ones who are going to provide EM with their car seats.

skychief

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It sounds like they are keeping the back door slightly ajar in case they need to make a hasty exit.

Like the failed Aptera, EM hung their hat on the ATVM Loan - which could take years to become available. But if it ever does, I'm gonna buy as much ELIO stock as I can.

Top Bottom