• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is Elio Stock Trading For Today?

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't get it Samalross, Except for August, Elio stock has only a handful of days with over 10k stocks traded, all year. Could it be, the few stock available are being horded by folks like me? Instead of buying another pretty little dress, I am buying a few more stocks from those people needing tax credits? Their need is greater than mine, therefore the prices keep dropping. Besides that, Under 10k elio stocks being traded is normal. Why be worried more now?

Tax credit? There's is no Tax Credit for Capital Gains or Losses. They are treated completely separate and distinct from your deductions, be it standardized or itemized. If you sell, it's either a Capital Gain or Loss. The tax rate applied is either Short Term < Year or Long Term >= a Year. The new tax bill affects nothing in this matter, besides, it's for 2018+, not this tax year.

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Check with your accountant but the capital gains loss is better on a short-term basis rather that a long-term time frame. Consider the timing on buy-back, too, to avoid a wash sale if done before 30 days. A short-term loss depends on when you bought it, and for tax year 2017, means just next week.

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Check with your accountant but the capital gains loss is better on a short-term basis rather that a long-term time frame. Consider the timing on buy-back, too, to avoid a wash sale if done before 30 days. A short-term loss depends on when you bought it, and for tax year 2017, means just next week.

Currently, realized losses can be deducted up to $5000/year in most tax basis categories. If you have more, you can apply that to tax years forward until the entire cumulative loss is realized. The 2018 tax code changes do not change this, nor does it change the application of short/long term gains.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good time to sell for capital loss. Stock at $2.56 Should be able to rebuy at a much cheaper price in thirty days
Oops... could have waited until year end selling ended today for a quicky 20% :p Could be too late in 30 days unless court date is still looming and little news until after that. Still stoked about ELIO!

Last edited:

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oops... could have waited until year end selling ended today for a quicky 20% :p Could be too late in 30 days unless court date is still looming and little news until after that. Still stoked about ELIO!

C02B8109-9043-4B27-BD04-940946B8A5F3.gif

Top Bottom