• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Which local paper did you find it in? If I click on the link it takes me to some job site.
I went to the site and had to make an account. So I used a burner email and if anyone else does, it would be a good idea because they try to sell you a bunch of work from home things. Anyway, I used the search "Elio Motors Plant" then the location of Shreveport, LA. 10+ jobs came up. None for Elio Motors and none in Shreveport. There were three ads from DreamGMJobs that took me to some other site that pretty much had nothing to do with anything. If I just put in "Elio" there was a link by nerdyhire that had Elio Careers ($24-$45/hr). I clicked on it and it gave me a bunch of OTR truck driving jobs that have nothing to do with Elio.

It seems to me that the site will crank out jobs for anything you type in. I put in GM Plant and got more of the same jobs but it did list GM Jobs paying $16-$35/hr but when I click on it, it takes me to yet another site and then it shows me a job at a Frito Lay Plant.

I checked the Shreveport Times and found no Elio Motors jobs. I'm thinking they filled them all and took down the posting this morning. This is good news and I hope the Shreveport news sees this because this would be great news to know Elio is hiring and as fast as they post them, they are filled.

With this being September:
1. Jobs Filled at Elio Plant
2. Eliocoin goes online
3. Elio Motors is fully funded

Within 69 weeks, Elio will be rolling off the first sellable unit.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rather then sit here and watch you folks take pot shot at me, I'll excuse myself from this line of questions.
I'm just repeating what I was told a few days ago, and what I pulled out of their local paper today.

There you feel better?

I'm sorry if you felt I was taking pot shots at you, as that was certainly not my intent. The point was that you can't denounce someone without offering evidence, and hearsay doesn't hold much weight against official correspondence.

Again, I was not trying to attack you, Coss...offering a differing view shouldn't be viewed as an assault.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So why would Elio give a website for hiring employees to a "company", the ad is a dead end, follow it thru to nowhere.
Don't we think that if indeed EM were in the market for employees they would be getting as much press as they could i.e. Pay for an ad in the local papers to show they are indeed hiring folks, what the heck, there are members here who actually worked the line when GM was in business.
It would be FRONT PAGE news in Shreveport.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There own 76 week window is over.....................

76 weeks from now wil be:

Sunday
February 16, 2020
!!

I AM still waiting patiently though.........what else can you do ?? :D
Startup time is based on a critical path which may or may not have been well thought out. i have always assumed that any such calculation is probably based on optimistic assumptions. But it is possible to find shortcuts or parallel paths which could shorten a time-frame.

So the bottom line is we don't know what we don't know. But we do know nothing will be done without sufficient funding.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So the bottom line is we don't know what we don't know. But we do know nothing will be done without sufficient funding.

Ahhh! the reality we DO know what we don't know ( because no one in the know will tell), even those that think they know don't.
Something can be done to bring an E type (no not Jag)- great car, but I digress, - another manufacturer already funded.
But wants to invest in old. technology?? Who'd a thought an electric HD?
It's sad to see a great idea, get overtaken by time and technology. If EM is to be, it can only be an EV, (ah,I love alliteration )
Still get bummed out by 3 wheel bikes "cutting" the ferry lines out here in Seattle- Washington State Ferries allow MC and bicycles to drive to the front of the lines.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree that in order to succeed the Elio has to be EV, but we can both agree that without funding there will belio no Elio. Now it would probably be easier for Elio to get funding as an EV...

I definitely think there is still a market for super cheap gas powered basic transport. Especially at 49 - 84 MPG. Unless the IAV motor is really goofy, then any mechanic should be able to work on it, you do not need to plug it in every night, it is familiar technology and no range anxiety. Simple, cheap, and hopefully reliable.

Do not get me wrong, I do think EVs are the future. I am invested in Sondors too and tried to get my wife to go for a Tesla (she went with a gas powered Jaguar instead). But the low price point for Elio is the killer feature, along with being unique. If Elio does roll out a cheap EV model with decent range and good performance, I would opt for it over gas. But if I had to choose a path to most sales for Elio, it would be gas due to the versatility and being what people are used to. Even better if they used a gas motor from a known manufacturer, but oh well...

And while people here have said the design is outdated, I really think when we see them on the road people will flip out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom