• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TARGETING 2019.................
Looks like I'll be willing this thing to my Great Grandchildren :D

darts.jpg

Last edited:

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
For 2019, Dec 31st, start of production they would have had to start two months ago according to their own timeline. In December of 2016 they fired most of their employees 'to concentrate on funding'. Even though they had completely ceased any 'development', owed 50M$ to their suppliers, had spent another $140M and were broke, and still produced not a single car that was road worthy, they pushed the last few thousand sales, about $900,000, and showed up at the Detroit Auto Show in January, 2017. That money went to pay back their board members who had loaned emergency cash to the company (see their SEC filing).

That was 20 months ago. They are still concentrating on 'the next phase of funding' when they have had enough money to have built the Elio production prototype over 40 times. Who knows where the money went, other than the millions Elio paid his own design firm to build the current obsolete and unsafe vehicle.

Smart companies announce accomplishments, not what they are going to do, to avoid the common foot-in-mouth image Elio has carefully developed. It really makes no difference whether a car is built or not as Elio is a manic narcissist whose image as a big shot in the auto world is the most important function of Elio Company. Nobody in their right mind would invest in this charlatan.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
For 2019, Dec 31st, start of production they would have had to start two months ago according to their own timeline. In December of 2016 they fired most of their employees 'to concentrate on funding'. Even though they had completely ceased any 'development', owed 50M$ to their suppliers, had spent another $140M and were broke, and still produced not a single car that was road worthy, they pushed the last few thousand sales, about $900,000, and showed up at the Detroit Auto Show in January, 2017. That money went to pay back their board members who had loaned emergency cash to the company (see their SEC filing).

That was 20 months ago. They are still concentrating on 'the next phase of funding' when they have had enough money to have built the Elio production prototype over 40 times. Who knows where the money went, other than the millions Elio paid his own design firm to build the current obsolete and unsafe vehicle.

Smart companies announce accomplishments, not what they are going to do, to avoid the common foot-in-mouth image Elio has carefully developed. It really makes no difference whether a car is built or not as Elio is a manic narcissist whose image as a big shot in the auto world is the most important function of Elio Company. Nobody in their right mind would invest in this charlatan.
And when was the last time you actually talked to them?
I did a couple of days ago.
And funny thing, I found this in their local paper:
Elio Motors Plant: Positions Open – Apply Today
JobDiagnosis - Shreveport

Full/Part Time + Benefits $16-$35+ / Hour: Shreveport

So unless you have better information, it appears you're incorrect.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And when was the last time you actually talked to them?
I did a couple of days ago.
And funny thing, I found this in their local paper:
Elio Motors Plant: Positions Open – Apply Today
JobDiagnosis - Shreveport

Full/Part Time + Benefits $16-$35+ / Hour: Shreveport

So unless you have better information, it appears you're incorrect.

You're saying people should ignore official correspondence for some private correspondence someone might have?

I'd rather you be correct, Coss...but I'm not sure how you can assert that he's mistaken when he's using Elio's own official statement as evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom