• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they are in funding mode they should make some effort. The website has not really changed in months. Last news October regarding The Onion. No tour dates. The Facebook page stopped blocking the detractors. People looking to fund the company will notice all of this. To get funding the company has to look positive. Start a new promotion, tour dates and some publicity showing progress (no matter how small). I know that it will cost money but he could sell millions of his shares and still keep control of the company.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they are in funding mode they should make some effort. The website has not really changed in months. Last news October regarding The Onion. No tour dates. The Facebook page stopped blocking the detractors. People looking to fund the company will notice all of this. To get funding the company has to look positive. Start a new promotion, tour dates and some publicity showing progress (no matter how small). I know that it will cost money but he could sell millions of his shares and still keep control of the company.
I doubt "people looking to fund Elio" will be looking closely at what is, they would be interested in the vision of how, what, and when will be.
Elio would obviously be able to explain the why of the current lack of activity.

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Is thre some particular reason you focused on reservations and ignored the "... and/or additional equity and/or debt offerings" part?

"We intend to raise the remaining capital primarily through customer reservations and/or additional equity and/or debt offerings". Clearly additional equity / debt is the ONLY plausible way to raise funds. I'm stunned they would list customer reservations first (after the words primarily through), when it clearly would take years to even raise 10% of the stated goal.

PA Car Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not really sure if he can sell his shares yet - often the selling will have strategic hooks - such as allowing only to sell after a certain period, and only a certain amount at a time. Pretty sure his hands are personally tied up, otherwise he could dump all his stock and run off. I personally think he has put too much into Elio to do so, so rules are put into place for those less honest.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember where Elio Motors is now. THIS IS THE BIG ONE!
Production funding! 100's of millions! A whole different ballgame for them.
We were all hoping for ATVM government help, if that is not going through, what else can we do ?
Whatever it is will need to be...
cf40dd82fc8f4dae6acafa20aedc44737ff11e314428b3ead56796edcb54c601[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He would have done it already if he does. Question is does he believe in the product (ELIO) enough to risk so much money and get it tied down with a measly return for such a low priced 3wheeler? PE and his team have to really convince the investors and make them believe that his creation will be profitable for everyone.
13.7% (Elio has said there is $1,000 profit built into the price of each Elio.) return on investment isn't THAT bad. Plus, Stu owns part of Elio through stock so getting this going will ALSO affect the price of stock which could be a VERY good return on investment for Stu.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not really sure if he can sell his shares yet - often the selling will have strategic hooks - such as allowing only to sell after a certain period, and only a certain amount at a time. Pretty sure his hands are personally tied up, otherwise he could dump all his stock and run off. I personally think he has put too much into Elio to do so, so rules are put into place for those less honest.
He could loan Elio Motors shares. They could sell the shares to use towards production, then repay him at a future date with the same amount of shares. Totally legal and he would not reduce his stake in the company.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
13.7% (Elio has said there is $1,000 profit built into the price of each Elio.) return on investment isn't THAT bad. Plus, Stu owns part of Elio through stock so getting this going will ALSO affect the price of stock which could be a VERY good return on investment for Stu.
My guess is that Stu knows that deadlines have been missed many times, the twentysomething E cars have not been built which leads into the 100 cars for fleet can't be built. I think when Stu calls, Paul answers and can't package his response in a neat blog with pretty pictures. There's a factory sitting there and you know that Stu has asked the question, "How much money do you need today to get the first 65K delivered in a year?" Next question, "How much money do you need to keep operating until you make it to 250K and when will that be (after the 65K is reached)?"

Everything Elio has spent up until today are sunk costs. You are never getting that back. So, you need to know what it'll take to get to the steps of the 65K and to 250K/year. It doesn't matter what has been done up to this point what matters is what it takes from this point onward. Paul has literally ran out of excuses and estimated timelines (if Paul worked for a regular company, he'd be fired 3 years ago). This is the time he needs to step up to the plate and be realistic. Time is running out and I could see Stu changing his mind and using some clause in the contract to put that plant into someone elses hands.

PA Car Guy

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
He could loan Elio Motors shares. They could sell the shares to use towards production, then repay him at a future date with the same amount of shares. Totally legal and he would not reduce his stake in the company.

Ok, so loan - as in a repo/reverse repo and used as collateral - but you orignally stated he could sell them - which is what I simply suggested may have limitations, and not necessarily possible at this point in time. There are many ways to leverage the shares - selling them all, or most before producution starts, would not be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom