• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get the impression American investors want a quick return on their investment and do not want to wait years before seeing those returns.

They may have been spoiled by internet startup investments. If the product is purely internet (like facebook) and no physical product, all you need is office space, computers, and programmers. In no time the product is up and working.
You think ?
"Attention Span of a Goldfish"
"CNBC Fast Money"
No Time
The Guess Who

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I get the impression American investors want a quick return on their investment and do not want to wait years before seeing those returns.

They may have been spoiled by internet startup investments. If the product is purely internet (like facebook) and no physical product, all you need is office space, computers, and programmers. In no time the product is up and working.
Oh, yes, definitely. That, and longer waits for return imply a greater risk of uncertainty or changing conditions, which make people get all twitchy.

Pursuant to this point, and just for fun, also try to watch and see how many times Tesla is compared to and understood by impatient investors through the analogy of software or web services companies, as opposed to a comparison to other automotive or even any production or industrial companies. I'm convinced it's part of why their stock value over time appears like that of a hyped tech firm, and also part of why I'm pretty sure it'll eventually drop like a rock to a more reasonable value, even if Tesla can get its business act together in the interim. All that is without assessing their products' actual market potential, but that's another topic, to be clear and fair about it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, yes, definitely. That, and longer waits for return imply a greater risk of uncertainty or changing conditions, which make people get all twitchy.

Pursuant to this point, and just for fun, also try to watch and see how many times Tesla is compared to and understood by impatient investors through the analogy of software or web services companies, as opposed to a comparison to other automotive or even any production or industrial companies. I'm convinced it's part of why their stock value over time appears like that of a hyped tech firm, and also part of why I'm pretty sure it'll eventually drop like a rock to a more reasonable value, even if Tesla can get its business act together in the interim. All that is without assessing their products' actual market potential, but that's another topic, to be clear and fair about it.
My personal assessment is that the Tesla Model 3 seems to have market potential with 300,000 + reservations.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

This is an interesting insight on investors:

https://wiki.securityweekly.com/SSWEpisode39

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are still planning on 2018, a point reiterated in Shreveport just recently by Paul Elio. The little I know, I can't discuss, but that little encourages me. As for the Elio team, they are strongly positive and ready to get rolling in the near future. Definition of "near"? My guess is within 3 months, but not next week. THAT IS A GUESS, NOT INSIDE INFORMATION. I could be utterly, totally wrong. I also don't know how much money is involved... but it's enough to move things forward.

Paul said in Shreveport that the capital market for major start-ups like this one is "broken." I'd like to know a whole lot more about what he means by that -- except that he hasn't succeeded so far in getting large enough commitments to move the needle to "full" or even "3/4". At this point, he has things working, but nothing's landed. Let's all hope that others who can afford it actually see what this car can mean for the nation.
Thanks for that Ekh. Really nicely put!;)

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ekh,

I'm certain you saw this when it occurred last October, but this is the most descriptive I ever recall seeing Paul Elio in his explanation of the broken capital markets for a capital-intensive startup like Elio Motors:

I hadn't seen this one -- very helpful -- and boy, those SEC folks just love Elio!

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this one -- very helpful -- and boy, those SEC folks just love Elio!
Very interesting. Thanks, had not seen it either. And ya I think a couple of the SEC folks might get one.
MK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom