• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My personal assessment is that the Tesla Model 3 seems to have market potential with 300,000 + reservations.
Frankly, that has little to no bearing on my point. I didn't say their cars don't or won't sell. It remains a tremendously overvalued stock compared to any other auto manufacturer, burgeoning and mature alike, and it's often compared instead to tech and web startups, many of which go through this same silly overvaluation before either settling to a more reasonable share price or which fail to monetize their service(s) and control costs.

Tesla has a product and revenue, but I worry over their costs, and the share price is still silly even assuming a bright future for all their menagerie of business ventures.

The point here is not that Tesla is doomed or some claim against their products merits- I do that elsewhere- but to point out the volatility of the emotional investor, always salivating over easy, fast gain. It's why so many so wishfully compare a newer company in capital-intensive industrial and manufacturing ventures- automotive design and production, power generation, etc.- to low-capital (relative to revenues) software and web firms. They're accustomed to 'high-tech' meaning 'cheap and easy with a fast return', even though that's largely a function of how cheap software and web development can be and not directly related to technological advancement, so they see Tesla as being just that, production and engineering outlays of necessity notwithstanding. Nobody in their right mind compares vehicle assembly to Netflix server farms, but that's the sort of crap that happens all the time with this business.

TL;DR
Way to completely misunderstand what I'm saying.
It's not "Tesla sucks", it's that the regular comparisons of Tesla to Amazon and the like are "apples to oranges", at best, and belie that most investors are both impatient and ignorant of the distinctions between types of businesses and production capital.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, I know, I've been an All In since 2013 (one of the VERY early people) and there are times that I get frustrated, but that's life, and I knew it going in.
We are going to have to invent a
Oh, I know, I've been an All In since 2013 (one of the VERY early people) and there are times that I get frustrated, but that's life, and I knew it going in.
We have concluded that you can say anything you want as long it's not about any sports teams from Washington State.

Sniffy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I've given up for now, and put deposits on both the Arcimoto SRK and the Electra Meccanica Solo, both of which look like they are on track for an early 2018 availability. I haven't completely given up on Elio though. If and when they are available, I'll most likely buy one for my daughter, who will be of driving age in a couple of years.

I became interested in the Elio for just one reason: commuting. Autocycles can use the HOV lanes in Washington state. That alone will return 40 minutes a day of personal time. I want that ASAP, since I'm of an age where I am starting to become very aware of how limited time is. I'm still an Elio faithful, but if a three wheel solution is available sooner, I'm taking it.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hang in there!
chains.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've given up for now, and put deposits on both the Arcimoto SRK and the Electra Meccanica Solo, both of which look like they are on track for an early 2018 availability. I haven't completely given up on Elio though. If and when they are available, I'll most likely buy one for my daughter, who will be of driving age in a couple of years.

I became interested in the Elio for just one reason: commuting. Autocycles can use the HOV lanes in Washington state. That alone will return 40 minutes a day of personal time. I want that ASAP, since I'm of an age where I am starting to become very aware of how limited time is. I'm still an Elio faithful, but if a three wheel solution is available sooner, I'm taking it.
Welcome to the small, but ever growing SOLOELIOSRK Club. I'm of the age (with a granddaughter nearly as old as your daughter) that will force me to be faithful to the first vehicle startup to offer me up an official order form and white glove delivery of a three wheeler to my front door. Speaking of limited time. :)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

not mention you move to the front on WS ferries, and with MC plates that would have happened. (all the fair weather bikers are blooming now)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

We all understand. Even the best of us including our moderators can get frustrated in all this waiting, just ask Coss! :D I'm not about to change my 3wheelin to 4wheelin just yet, the passion and the interest to own one is still in me whichever 3wheeler comes first. Then there's my all-n #2491 so waiting is the next best thing than giving up. People write all kind of stuff against EM right now, some using fancy words and some straight from the heart, and yes one can say EM is a sinking boat...but it's not quite underwater...yet! That's about all I can surmised right now.;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SRK..........Shark. I've been following both the Aricmoto SRK and Elio since 2007-08. A simple $100 refundable reservation shows the A Team your interest and support for the SRK. Every single test driver to include media reps have an ear to ear grin on their faces during their 'actual' test rides.

I had a SRK reservation deposit back in 2010........refunded in 2013.............and I resubmitted the reservation deposit immediatly after the 2015-16 SRK Gen8 reveal. A Sweet 'convertible' Ride......open air on the nice riding days/hardshell enclosure panels on the not so nice riding days.

I read the A Team plans an EAST COAST Tour this summer. Maybe a test ride in your future. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom