• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Badboy is absolutely correct, had it not been for Paul's insistence for complete control, the Elio would have been in production for several years now. It's very sad and doesn't result in best practices. If Elio is to die, it is because Paul took it to the grave with him. People who have a "it's my way or the highway" attitude are seldom successful in the long run. Individuals with brilliant engineering minds seldom make good business decisions, and at this point, one can only hope he can be willing to take some unemotional sound business advice.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People who have a "it's my way or the highway" attitude are seldom successful in the long run.
Regardless of whether I agree with the rest of your post or not...
I just thought I'd add this about that general statement...
I think a lot of it depends on the particular person.

I guess we can say Elon is a rare exception to the above rule.
And let's please not get technical about whether Mr. Musk is a financial success or not.

With guys like that, numbers often only exist to be pushed around on paper.
I'd venture to say that in the overall definition, Elon's pretty successful.

Not to mention the late Steve Jobs.

Last edited:

cafengocmy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have not got an email from Elio in 6 months. The last one asked me to confirm for the $7k price which I did. Haven't heard a word since. In that time I have seen a story about another three wheel car that was being sold pretty much this way but was side by side 2 seater. in 1974 the Dale advertised 70 mpg and kept putting off production until it just disappeared.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentieth_Century_Motor_Car_Corporation

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Badboy is absolutely correct, had it not been for Paul's insistence for complete control, the Elio would have been in production for several years now. It's very sad and doesn't result in best practices. If Elio is to die, it is because Paul took it to the grave with him. People who have a "it's my way or the highway" attitude are seldom successful in the long run. Individuals with brilliant engineering minds seldom make good business decisions, and at this point, one can only hope he can be willing to take some unemotional sound business advice.

I'm just curious if you own a company or not. How much control would you give up so other people can tell you how to build your dream?

I have not got an email from Elio in 6 months. The last one asked me to confirm for the $7k price which I did. Haven't heard a word since. In that time I have seen a story about another three wheel car that was being sold pretty much this way but was side by side 2 seater. in 1974 the Dale advertised 70 mpg and kept putting off production until it just disappeared.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twentieth_Century_Motor_Car_Corporation

I receive several emails a week. Are you subscribed to their distribution list?

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Booboo tweeted. 6/15/2017

" Dear Mr Bezos,
ElioMotors is trying to redefine inexpensive USA transport. They need a 376 million loan to do this. Thank You for reading. "

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/15/technology/jeff-bezos-amazon-twitter-charity.html
Did anyone else tweet the ElioMotors plight to Jeff Bezos ?
I am considering the loans Elio needs as charitable contributions, as they would not be paid back quickly. A slow ROI is considered charity these days.
I also am considering ElioMotors as a worthy charity, as it will enable low income Americans to improve their chances.
If you tweet, it has to be 140 character short and sweet.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone else tweet the ElioMotors plight to Jeff Bezos ?
I am considering the loans Elio needs as charitable contributions, as they would not be paid back quickly. A slow ROI is considered charity these days.
I also am considering ElioMotors as a worthy charity, as it will enable low income Americans to improve their chances.
If you tweet, it has to be 140 character short and sweet.
he''s been busy buying Whole Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom