• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I ment to post about production date but I guess Stocks got mixed up in the discussion. Keep in mind when Elio finally starts to produce cars, it could be 9 months or more before the first one rolls off. He has to start by ordering all the parts. Then his guys have to make the jigs and program the equipment at each step of the way as they very slowly assemble one car. They may also have to modify some of the parts so they install better on the assembly line. Its a very slow process getting the assembly line going. Thats why he needs a ton of production money.

Here is the timeline that has been circulating for a while and was also in the SEC filing:

Timing_Chart.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
KTBS channel 3 released news today that Elio production is in 2019 now. Also Elio is offering stock at one cent per share. The company's debt is in excess of $370 million and the company has been fined $500,000 for violation of Louisiana business laws.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
News? nope - "alt-news" yes

gottemfeathers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
KTBS channel 3 released news today that Elio production is in 2019 now. Also Elio is offering stock at one cent per share. The company's debt is in excess of $370 million and the company has been fined $500,000 for violation of Louisiana business laws.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
If Elio is offering stock at 1 cent a share, why is it trading near $7 today? Help me out here, I'm confused, that simply makes no sense. Kinda like "are you going to believe channel 3 or your own eyes?"

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If Elio is offering stock at 1 cent a share, why is it trading near $7 today? Help me out here, I'm confused, that simply makes no sense. Kinda like "are you going to believe channel 3 or your own eyes?"

They are not and will not be listing or otherwise offering any common stock at $0.01. That is simply the stated "par value", which is nearly always listed by public companies as zero or an insignificant figure below $1.00.

The listing entity will evaluate market forces and public demand prior to coming out with the market value of each share of common stock at the time of the initial public offering (IPO).

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...erence-between-par-value-and-market-value.asp

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gottemfeathers, also consider this: Most buyers of Elio stock so far have been relatively small potatoes. Granted, some of the main people like Paul Elio and Stu have a bunch but they did not "buy" theirs on the stock market. When Elio does get it's funding, and I think it will, the market price of stock will go up. Until then it is all speculation and it makes the price fluctuate a lot. If you consider the long term, maybe five to ten years, after they have paid off all their past bill and loans, the stock could split multiple times. I heard one prediction that estimated one share worth 150 times more in the future. Also consider that if Elio is successful, a major maker may offer to buy them out. This would help their mpg average with the government. This would also reward stock holders. For now, don't worry about it.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Production is pushed back to 2019. Louisiana media got that correct. However they are mistaken on offering stock at one cent per share. The press release clearly stated the price and number of shares is yet to be determined. Also, the NASDAQ has rules about minimum stock prices. There are different requirements I won't bore you with, but it basically ranges from $4 down to $1. If your stock falls below $1 you risk delisting. So there's no way they can issue stock at a penny per share and at the same time be listed on NASDAQ. They can sell stock on the Pink sheets where they are now for a penny per share. That's basically the wild west and anything goes. The NASDAQ is strict. If I had a nickel every time the Louisiana media made a mistake I could earn back my $1,000 deposit. And I would know because I was born and raised there. And I escaped to Oregon as soon as I could.

stts

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Here is the timeline that has been circulating for a while and was also in the SEC filing:

Timing_Chart.jpg

Jeez, yup its going to be awhile before cars start to roll out. Hopefully they have done some work to be able to shorten that abit, but that cant get under way till they get adaquate production funding.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Production is pushed back to 2019. Louisiana media got that correct. However they are mistaken on offering stock at one cent per share. The press release clearly stated the price and number of shares is yet to be determined. Also, the NASDAQ has rules about minimum stock prices. There are different requirements I won't bore you with, but it basically ranges from $4 down to $1. If your stock falls below $1 you risk delisting. So there's no way they can issue stock at a penny per share and at the same time be listed on NASDAQ. They can sell stock on the Pink sheets where they are now for a penny per share. That's basically the wild west and anything goes. The NASDAQ is strict. If I had a nickel every time the Louisiana media made a mistake I could earn back my $1,000 deposit. And I would know because I was born and raised there. And I escaped to Oregon as soon as I could.
Born 43 miles from Shreveport, my folks were smart to leave when I was 3 yrs. old.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom