• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There was a date in their recent stock IPO filing that states that they do not expect to generate revenue until the first half of 2019. I reported that yesterday, after I read the SEC filing. While it might be true that they will not ship any vehicles until 2019, that has not been officially announced. It might be true, but it might be overly pessimistic. SEC filings are always grim tomes full of gloom and doom. That's how they cover their asses.

This is flat out bullshit. They misinterpreted the "par value" stated in the SEC filing. That is not what it means. Elio Motors does NOT plan to offer stock at $0.01 per share. The person writing that report knows nothing about the subject on which they are reporting, and their editors did a shitty job of fact checking. If they had bothered doing 30 second of research they would know the truth.

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/106.asp

"However, today most stocks are issued with either a very low par value (such as $0.01 per share) or no par value at all."

"You might be asking yourself why a company would issue shares with no par value. Corporations do this because it helps them avoid a liability to stockholders should the stock price take a turn for the worse."

"Par value has no relation to the market value of a stock."

The SEC filing for listing on the NASDAQ has clear blanks where the number of shares to be offered, and the offering price, will be filled at a later date.

More bullshit. I can't even imagine how they got this value. Total bullshit. There is nothing in the SEC statement that could support this, other than just adding up random numbers about which you know nothing.

Old news. Also uncollectable outside of taking EM to court, at which point the outcome is far from certain, as Elio Motors was fined for doing things they are not yet doing. Such as manufacturing vehicles.

KTBS is a shitty news source.

Elio Motors outlook still isn't that great. Their future is up in the air in a big way. But this KTBS story isn't fit to wipe your ass with.
Wait. You're saying that a journalist may be a dumbass? I'm shocked. Tell me it ain't so.:brick:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of putting money down on an Elio, I should have invested in alcohol, and by invest in alcohol I mean I should have gotten drunk.
Nahhh you end up feeling bad (if you drink too much) or sick (way too much) and you still end up with nothing to show for it, except maybe a splitting headache. Where it is, should be fine.
And I'll leave it at that.

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Does any of the SEC disclosures indicate production numbers? Other threads include spec like 350 per day or the plant can produce 250k units/yr. Are these valid targets?

Another question: will the Elio have model years? We are all laser-focused on the first 65k because we have a vested interest, but in reality, we want Elio to become an ongoing concern. Will those first 65k have some 'special designation' before the masses figure out how visionary we were and everyone wants one?

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will those first 65k have some 'special designation' before the masses figure out how visionary we were and everyone wants one?

I've read the first 65,000 will come with this printed on the back window:

780albertagirl.files.wordpress.com_2014_06_i_told_you_so_hmmm.jpg

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The possible production date now is 2019. I might buy the new 2019 Ford Ranger when it comes out, (to replace my 94 ranger) and use the Elio as the AND vehicle. I'd like to hold off till Tesla make the electric pickup, but not sure my truck will last that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom