• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anybody or know of anybody that has requested and received their refundable Elio reservation deposit anytime in 2017?

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anybody or know of anybody that has requested and received their refundable Elio reservation deposit anytime in 2017?

If EM was not returning the money it would be a hot topic on the other Elio inspired sites, I reckon. They would be lining up to get their money back by now. It does make one wonder how many reservations do actually remain, and at what levels.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is the Aug. 10 really the last posting here? Rumors have it that cash reserve has dwindled down to less than 5 grand.
https://www.ktbs.com/3investigates/...cle_c2ab7338-8a18-11e7-8985-7f608c05edcb.html

Wow, that article makes my eyes bleed. Is this reporting these days?

"Business major O'Neal Legardye Jr. says that amounts to about $7.7 million per prototype.

"That money never left that company," said Legardye."

Except Elio did not build the prototypes but had Technosports Creative do it, right? And I am sure some of the money went to Roush, IAV, etc...

The article also mentions the loans to Paul Elio, but does not mention that he paid them back a year later. Seems like a pretty important fact to leave out.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If EM was not returning the money it would be a hot topic on the other Elio inspired sites, I reckon. They would be lining up to get their money back by now. It does make one wonder how many reservations do actually remain, and at what levels.
My guess is that Elio is refunding deposits and that is why the reservation count stopped climbing. You are right, if they were not refunding the deposits, we would have heard about it.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't imagine where this stupid rumor came from. EM is not refunding non-refundable deposits and the guy who sued lost the lawsuit, as he should have.

People needs to grow a pair anymore. If they buy stock, and it don't go straight up (facebook IPO), people wants there money back. They take out a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit, then want a refund.

I suspect the reason the reservation count hasn't moved, is to save money, EM no longer pays the people who was updating it.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"People needs to grow a pair anymore. If they buy stock, and it don't go straight up (facebook IPO), people wants there money back. They take out a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit, then want a refund.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this recent chatter has been about REFUNDABLE deposits and whether people are getting their money back.

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can't imagine where this stupid rumor came from. EM is not refunding non-refundable deposits and the guy who sued lost the lawsuit, as he should have.

People needs to grow a pair anymore. If they buy stock, and it don't go straight up (facebook IPO), people wants there money back. They take out a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit, then want a refund.

I suspect the reason the reservation count hasn't moved, is to save money, EM no longer pays the people who was updating it.
I was referring to refundable deposits. It would take thirty seconds to update. I don't think that they have been that busy in the last four months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom