• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

What Is The Latest Start Production Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I am starting to believe that production will never take place. Been waiting a long time and I am not getting any younger. It's time for this company to shit or get off the pot and make good on their promises. Anyone else out there starting to get fed up with these weekly up-dates that say absolutely nothing that we don't already know?
That's what happens when you become a company that is under a communication shut-down because of the shares being traded, and the new IPO that we know about, when that is going to be turned live, we don't.
So as the old saying goes, if you have nothing good to say, keep it to yourself.
We know the company is in a holding pattern, and they are not going away. So you either get to join the "keep a positive attitude" group; or go elsewhere to vent, because we don't need to hear that here.
Simple, don't you think?

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As of May 30, 2015, the LA Times reported the following headline:

"Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies"

With 4.9 billion in taxpayer funded assistance they should have colonized Saturn by now. Elio has done everything with almost no help from the taxpayer. Finally, after all these years, they hired a lobbying firm to try and get some things done in Washington. You know what Tesla and Elio both have in common? Neither one has turned a profit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

With 4.9 billion in taxpayer funded assistance they should have colonized Saturn by now. Elio has done everything with almost no help from the taxpayer. Finally, after all these years, they hired a lobbying firm to try and get some things done in Washington. You know what Tesla and Elio both have in common? Neither one has turned a profit.
Tesla qualified for those government subsidies only because they had a product to sell and a customer base taking advantage of the government incentives to buy them. Elio Motors will also qualify for the many government subsidies they negotiated as part of their contract agreement, but only after EM has met their contract obligations of hiring the promised 1500 employees, tooling the plant to start production, and delivering customer Elios. Government subsidies would help EM just as they helped TM. Frankly, a good use of taxpayer $.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score

To be clear, that article has been widely panned, and is less than accurate. Included in those subsidies is the $1.3B for the Gigafactory, which they have not received, and will only receive over 20 years, and only if they meet performance targets. It also includes companies outside of Tesla such as SolarCity, which was not one of his companies at the time of the article, he simply worked as the CFO. Also, included in that figure was the $517M they received from selling ZEV credits to other manufacturers...which hardly constitutes Govt. money...

Tesla has received Govt. support, but what they received was available to other companies. It's a rather odd thing to attempt to cast negative light on a company that successfully qualified for Govt. funding, available to anyone that wanted it.

Donnyboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Government subsidies would help EM just as they helped TM. Frankly, a good use of taxpayer $.

I agree 100% Rick. Elio needs help from the government (ATVM loan), and they deserve a chance to show what they can do. I was only trying to explain to the troll, I mean "fake name", that Tesla had A LOT of help from taxpayers. Take my own roof as an example. One side of the roof is lined with solar panels from SolarCity. The entire project should have cost between $30,000 and $35,000. I only paid about $3,500 out of pocket, and I even got tax rebates every year for 4 years which made the project even cheaper. So I paid less than 10% of the total cost of that project. I'm not blaming Elon for turning away free money from taxpayers, just like I gladly accepted free money from taxpayers to get solar panels on my roof. My simple point was that even after all the support from taxpayers that Elon has received I would have expected a profit by now. And showing a profit in one quarter out of 40 doesn't count as making money where I come from.

It's a rather odd thing to attempt to cast negative light on a company that successfully qualified for Govt. funding

I'm not casting a negative light on Tesla for taking taxpayers funds. They would be crazy not to. But to compare Tesla who has received a ton of taxpayer money to Elio who has received very little is not a fair comparison. "Fake name" was trying to compare them, and my point is you can't. That would be like one of my neighbors saying look how successful that guy is with all the solar panels on his roof. Impressive he could do that. No, not all all. I just took the free money being waved in front of me.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not casting a negative light on Tesla for taking taxpayers funds. They would be crazy not to. But to compare Tesla who has received a ton of taxpayer money to Elio who has received very little is not a fair comparison. "Fake name" was trying to compare them, and my point is you can't. That would be like one of my neighbors saying look how successful that guy is with all the solar panels on his roof. Impressive he could do that. No, not all all. I just took the free money being waved in front of me.

The negative light comment was directed at the media, I wasn't trying to imply you were.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what happens when you become a company that is under a communication shut-down because of the shares being traded, and the new IPO that we know about, when that is going to be turned live, we don't.
So as the old saying goes, if you have nothing good to say, keep it to yourself.
We know the company is in a holding pattern, and they are not going away. So you either get to join the "keep a positive attitude" group; or go elsewhere to vent, because we don't need to hear that here.
Simple, don't you think?

Don't you know that trolls like everyone to be as miserable as they are?

wpmu.mah.se_nmict151group2_files_2015_01_8.jpg

Sr.MailMan

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Here is the latest date waiting to be pushed back:

In today’s Three Wheeling blog, we are going to outline how the ordering process will work for reservation holders leading up to production (which, as we outlined in our August filing, is targeted to begin in 2019).We hear from quite a few reservation holders wondering how exactly the process will go. Our goal is to make the process stress-free and fun! Here’s an overview…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom